• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Polished Fuel Rail Cover

V

V Tuning S70

So I decided to polish my fuel rail cover. What an under taking this project was.

I used almost an entire spray can of Aircraft Coating Remover. The baked on Epoxy paint is tough stuff.

Anyways I know it doesn't look great or that for that matter good. But it is another engine piece that I worked on myself to polish it. All done by hand.

These pictures were taken right after I did the black stripes. The fuel rail needs to be wetsanded some more and then polished again.

239874094.jpg

239874095.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no I insist upon clicking on your threads just to make sure I can interject some sort of mildly degrading comment, I know doing that will keep you posting so it makes for many opportunities.

PS: the polishing looks like crap and the paint isn't nearly applied evenly

Oh no I insist upon clicking on your threads just to make sure I can interject some sort of mildly degrading comment, I know doing that will keep you posting so it makes for many opportunities.

There's paint? Where? :???:

Thank you for your comments. I always appreciate the honesty you bring to my threads.

Soooo you hit it with 220 after the 60 to clean up the smaller scratches, then up to 600, then with polishing compound and a rag?

I sanded with 60/150/220/320/400/600/800 and wet sanded with 1000 and 2000.

Then went back today and wet sanded with 600 and 800 and again with 1000 and 2000.

keep polishing and stuff....i really like the stripes (plus, it would have been a BITCH to polish in there!)

I will probably take it back off again at some point and polish it more.

Thank you. I didn't feel like sading down in those grooves.

Back