• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1987 244 DL Autocrosser

Strict autocross with a hint of Bne losing self control and car control all at once. I still don't know how he got so out of shape in a car that's so easy to drive.

Strict autocross with a hint of Bne losing self control and car control all at once. I still don't know how he got so out of shape in a car that's so easy to drive.

I thought i already clearly explained this, I went off course earlier after i got to the off camber slalom going way too hot. At that point I wanted to just push the car and go as fast as possible to see what it was like.

I like this one
963803317_PJ53n-L.jpg

Mounted a 275/35/15 on a 15x10.5 BBS E50 flatbase wheel. Pokes a bit too much on the rear adapters, so I'll have to figure out how to mount these. Might pick up the pair of 1" adapters for sale now.

127364879.jpg

127364877.jpg

127364876.jpg

127364878.jpg

crap my pants.... they need changing

we need wheel / tire combo weight... stat!

I dont know why anyone would think a 10.5 is too wide for that tire

32-35lb via bathroom scale. Hard to say for sure. A new tire is 20lbs, so says Tirerack. This tire is used. Wheel should be 13-16, but I didn't put the wheel together bare to weigh it. I'll do that with the next one.

No, that's less tire. ;-) Section width, tread width, height, and weight are less than what I have now. Only the wheel width has increased, from 9.5 to 10.5. These tires are kind of small for my car, so they should benefit from the wheel width. The sidewalls are also really soft. They work well on E30 BMWs on 10"+ wheels, but they tell me the pressure need to be run a bit higher than usual. I use ~32-34psi on my 275/45/16. I'll probably start at 38psi cold on these 15". I used to run up to 41-42psi hot on my 225/45/15 R3S04 to keep the edges from cording because I didn't have a lot of camber.

Perhaps it was the scale? We weighed Kyle's LM's with the 235's on them or whatever they have, and they were right at 50 lbs, as were my Works with 225-40-18.

Perhaps it was the scale? We weighed Kyle's LM's with the 235's on them or whatever they have, and they were right at 50 lbs, as were my Works with 225-40-18.

kyles are 19's so it makes sense they are going to be heavier. Diameter adds alot more weight then width does.

The spun lips on the 15"s are really light. A one piece cast wheel is MUCH thicker in the same area. Plus the spokes are integrated into the lips, so there's more material required.

My C4 Corvette wheels w/V710 tires were about 8lb heavier than the Work wheel w/Hoosier. Same size for each, but the Work is two piece with a really light rim. Tire weight difference was slight...most of it was in the wheel.

10.5" width, ~11.5" overall, 6.5" backspacing = ~19mm offset. Therefore 1" adapters should work well with these on the rear, and I can move the 35mm adapters from the rear to the front. 10.5 (-16)mm front gives 5.1" backspacing. On a 15x7, that's like ET28, so I may need the 5mm spacer on the front...going to be really close. If it's too close, I can just use the 51mm adapters on the front, but I don't want them sticking out more than what is necessary.

Back