• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Am I normal?

Hey - what?s the going rate here on the East Coast for late model 240s of both the sedan and Wagon variety? Mine are what I think are 8/10 condition and I?ve had very little interest. Here they are, tell me what you think:

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6367721739

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6365137462

I think your sedan is priced good. The manual tranny and the good 1993 stuff are desired
here in California. East coast may change the price +/- $200-$800 depending on who wants it.
The 1990 automatic DD is quite a bit more boring in my opinion.

Usually rust free on the rust coast is add a grand.

They seem to be fairly priced in today's market.

Maybe things have changed back there or people aren't spending on other stuff during the holidays.

small market. even smaller demand. Price is Right. nice cars. not everyone wants to drop $3500 on a car that might break down on the ride home.

Here in Socal those cars would have been sold already.You are on the wrong coast where Volvo 240s weren't even super popular to begin with.

I doubt people want to buy an old car right before winter. I bet if you post them in the spring you'll have better luck

All good feedback, thank you. Funny bit about the West Coast. I always considered the 240s to be more copious here on the East especially in the NY/CT metro area I grew up in.

They look pretty decent to me too. I guess I see mismatched paint on the sedan's driver side.

If you want a quick sale, drop the price a bit. I think you'd eventually get close to asking if you keep them up for a while.

Prices are reasonable. Supposedly the area that had the most Volvo 240s in North America was the Vancouver, BC area. Moreso than Portland or other areas that we consider to be the hotbeds of Volvo population.

-J

OP you are on a Volvo webpage infested with the kind of people who geek out on Volvo 240s asking if you are normal.

What is wrong with this picture?

As for the cars... I've seen worse. Want a faster sale? Drop price and increase exposure.

As others have noted.... They sell easily enough on the left coast. Get far enough west and you'll see running rust-free Datsuns. Really.

Hey - what?s the going rate here on the East Coast for late model 240s of both the sedan and Wagon variety? Mine are what I think are 8/10 condition and I?ve had very little interest. Here they are, tell me what you think:

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6367721739

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6365137462

Yes, you are normal.

People that aren't normal buy cars for 10x that price and expect them to last half as long.

The prices are in-line, not outrageous, but folks that like old Volvos in that area are few and far between.

small market. even smaller demand. Price is Right. nice cars. not everyone wants to drop $3500 on a car that might break down on the ride home.

this

Here in Socal those cars would have been sold already.You are on the wrong coast where Volvo 240s weren't even super popular to begin with.

not necessarily true. this is the coast that actually used them as cop cars.

$2000 - $3000 seems to be the sweet spot for nice drivers around here. you can get more than that but as you're finding out, it takes time.

All good feedback, thank you. Funny bit about the West Coast. I always considered the 240s to be more copious here on the East especially in the NY/CT metro area I grew up in.

There were zoning ordinances in Seattle and Portland in the 70s ad 80s making it mandatory that there should be a minimum of 10 Volvos and 2 Saabs per block parked on the street.
Not everywhere but for sure in some neighborhoods

There were zoning ordinances in Seattle and Portland in the 70s ad 80s making it mandatory that there should be a minimum of 10 Volvos and 2 Saabs per block parked on the street.
Not everywhere but for sure in some neighborhoods

It was the same here, they just rusted out and were replaced by Subaru?s

Here in the not very interested in Volvos land. You wait for your sale even if it is priced fairly. If you can find the relative areas that liked Volvos and advertise there you may have a faster sale. For example in my area affluent towns like Haddonfield, and Cherry Hill were the main area where you used to see these cars a lot. But now if you see one a week that is often. The automatic trans around here will sell much faster than the manual. Selling a manual car around here and you are looked at like some alien that is still using ancient technology that is supposed to be gone.

Back