• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Interesting Boost Guage Location

CHESH740R

lacking enthusiam
This Volvo 480 owner certainly found a interesting place to mount his Boost Guage

Dscn0413_s.jpg

that is nuts, I wonder how the hell he did it? I mean there has to be some kind of cool joint, or the tube would twist out.
Eamonn

whoa! NICE. i'd love to see that thing lit up. I wonder if turing the wheel back and forth would eventually mess up that mechanical line hook-up...?!

nick :e-shrug:

Good point Evan, seems like an awfull lot of work for that. Plus in turns it would be hard to read. I used to have a remote for my old Awia mp3 cd player (POS) mounted to my steering wheel. It was infared so it didn't work in turns, I would be trying to straighten the wheel out for a second in turn to change the station. Judging by how nice it looks, I bet he did a good job hooking it up.
Eamonn

That's really cool.. so, who's going to try it over here?

Seriously though.. it does look hard to read.. and it probably is not worth the effort. The plumbing would be a pain to perfect- or else you would be redoing the hose and wiring like once a month.

it's worth the "what the hell??? that's rad" effect. then put another more visible gauge somewhere else. :wink:

nick

So if you corner hard to the left can you get more boost??? :-P

In my mustang I sold a while back I had all liquid filled motorsport gauges.. I mounted each gauge and rotated them so that when temp/press or what ever was normal the needle pointed straight up.. Just take a quick glance at gauges if they are not pointing up something is wrong. Worked great...

If you just put an extra foot or so of vacuum line in, it should take up the twist I'd think.

dont think he'll get to 1.5 bar before something else goes kappowey , that 94c that you can see is the engine oil or water temp , the 480 has a CEM that controls engine functions , gives avg miles , speed , temp , fuel etc etc .

Back