• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie Volvo 360 CUP adventures

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
Some of you told me already i'd be back at this at some point, its been almost 3 years and yes i'm back at it.

I bought a complete race car, not road legal though and had been in the cup for years so has some scars. wont ever be able to get that on street plates again.

picture.php

I thought i was fine with that but then i ran into this little thingy
picture.php
`
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

needless the say i got 2 of these things and will be compiting again on the tracks in the Netherlands, first race will be at the redecorated F1 track at zandvoort

For who is interested what the heck a Volvo 360 CUP car means, here are my old cars:

First car here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=210056
Second one here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=4487699

Yes looking forward to it. The yellow one needs a fuel pump and it’s done.
No direct plans on the street car but it was to good to pass on :-)

Yes its a 50/50 ratio Volvo, much like the Porsche 924 from the same era.
First focus will be on getting the 760 Turbo project done before i will take a stab at the street 360.
Race wise i think 2020 we wont see any track though with the whole Corona thing, they canceled the F1 race at zandvoort (15 min from my house) and looks like most races there will be banned.. more wrenching time i guess

Replace the faulty fuelpump and terrible wiring. the yellow one is race ready. have not yet touched the silver one though.

First race of the year and for me first time on the new Zandvoort F1 track. It's pretty nice compaired to the old layout.
Sadly also the first collission for me ever during a competion.. Track was wet and car was having a oil spil on the left wheel causing me to spin out.

The car that hit me was a first time driver, at the time of the crash i was not sure and people where blaming me, but seeing the video i feel like that collission could have been avoided, there seems to be enough time and space to move a bit more to the left.

Anyway i'm not mad ether way. that's racing and it comes with the package

Video:
https://youtu.be/o9Tg2gTPQTU

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The new racer also had some attention, I put in the rollbar and stripped out the last bits of interior. stil a ton of welding to do though

picture.php

Last edited:
Considering i had some damage i bit the bullet and bought that 340 WITH OEM BODYKIT (like my old racer had) for parts. Turns out though its in really good shape and low KMs.
For now she will keep the new race car to be company untill i figure out what's smart to do

picture.php

Last edited:
Considering i had some damage i bit the bullet and bought that 340 WITH OEM BODYKIT (like my old racer had) for parts. Turns out though its in really good shape and low KMs.
For now she will keep the new race car to be company untill i figure out what's smart to do

picture.php

Great news! The Belgian 340 that was on sale last week?

Yeah the same, though I was too late and had to buy it at premium from the guy who snagged it :(
Still cannot make my own kit for that money :-)

Its been a while since my last update. I have been busy with:
- fixing the damage on the car
- Repaint and ? livery? the car
- fixing the oil leaks
- replace the brake parts bits for the race at Zolder (heavy on brakes)

Few days ago had another race in Belgium on a track called Zolder. I love that track and had lots of fun there. Also fun to combine my C70 and the 360 on the trailer, It drew tons of attention lol
First video I got shared of some action, me at 0:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gu1RlToxiQ

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back