• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie Factory Wheel Guide...OMG its huge SORRY! nf56k!!!!!!

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the wheel options right now. My 85 240 wagon would look really good with the Pegasus wheels, I think. Am I understanding this thread correctly, that 7xx series wheels fit without the need for any adaptors/spacers? Which wheels are a direct fit (besides the 2xx series wheels)? There's a lot of talk through these 16 pages, but much of it involves the use of spacers (which I'm not against, but would prefer a direct swap).

yea, any 7xx wheel will fit on a 240. early 9xx wheels will too but I think in 94 they changed the suspension over and it has the FWD offset. running spaces is not a big deal just don't cheep out oin them. its an extra cost but it opens up the choices 100 fold. its a one time investment, some times you can find them used for 250 or so.

yea, any 7xx wheel will fit on a 240. early 9xx wheels will too but I think in 94 they changed the suspension over and it has the FWD offset. running spaces is not a big deal just don't cheep out oin them. its an extra cost but it opens up the choices 100 fold. its a one time investment, some times you can find them used for 250 or so.

Great! Thanks for the info. Getting a new car has a learning curve, but I'm hoping to get everything figured out soon.

The Tritons and Propus' vary in a couple ways besides size. The Tritons have 20 spokes and have a "V" between them. The Propus have 18 spokes and are rounded between them.

Canicula 17x7" polished :zeeall:
IMG_20150424_101851.jpg

ok and no thanks for you newbie from 2008...some have a life beside tbricks

now I remember why I don't post much here anymore

Wow butthurt much? And yeah, he's been on the forum for 7 years, he's so new :roll:

He was just showing where it had been talked about already, zero attitude behind it. Chill out dude.

Question, and I apologise if it's answered in the previous 15 pages, of which I only read one, skim-style, but:

Rigel wheels, I have 8. BUT, 4 have machine finish fronts (off a UK 760 wagon), and 4 are factory painted (JDM 740 sedan). Which is more common? Was anyone aware of the two styles existing? Surely yes, but... :-)

Given the UK ones are a bit rough, they'll probably all end up painted, though I bet they'd all look better machined.

Machine finish: https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/740435614894592000 (sorry for crappy photo)

CkaOQ5CWsAAjtB_.jpg

Painted: https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/670516571412889600

CU4nQ4aUEAALr35.jpg:large

Thoughts? :-)

Last edited:
I see the answer to my question is "yes", they're both listed, and one of the images shows a year range for each, too. Excellent resource :-)

Back