• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

pcv for performance.

Well what if an engine isn't well sealed? Being over 200k and all? What you're saying is just vent to atmosphere? Would make things easier though. Just run it through a catch can and out past the tranny. What are the disadvantages aside from loosing some negative pressure in the crank case?

Last edited:
Well what if an engine isn't well sealed? Being over 200k and all? What you're saying is just vent to atmosphere? Would make things easier though. Just run it through a catch can and out past the tranny. What are the disadvantages aside from loosing some negative pressure in the crank case?

one of the major disadvantages I've been told, is that there are plenty of fumes in the engine bay, and that after a long drive if you park in the garage, then the fumes are bad in the garage?? Don't know of any other disadvantages, but for me, that's enough.

Every car on the road had a road draft tube before 1968. Somehow we lived and even parked the cars in the garage.

Crankcase vapors don't smell very good. Vent them such that you won't end up smelling them in the car and so that they won't swirl around under the hood covering everything in a layer of oil to catch dirt and make things really disgusting.

I prefer to route the stink to aft of the transmission. No negatives in the intake to no oil + inert that is crankcase vapors.

Keep in mind that what you are considering is not ahhhh..... legal.

No problems with the oil dripping and staining your driveway? Or are you using some sort of catch prior to the vent?

Hell, if you can attach a hose and have it go to the rear of the car and install a catch can there and THEN vent it. It could work. The vapor would have plenty of time to cool down.

There's lots of options. The key I think is to pick one and try it.

Very cool. I'd be a 'little' concerned about the filter really slowing down flow in an open aplication, but they look like very neat little seperators.

If they were oem, we should find a list of trucks that used them.

No problems with the oil dripping and staining your driveway? Or are you using some sort of catch prior to the vent?

With the rallycar I reach up there with a shoprag intermittently and give it a wipe.

The 9" rear has a drip that is annoying. :roll: About a drop per month.

Neat...a little pricey brand new, they look like something that would be factory installed for some applications, hit up the wreckers, replace filter and profit :)
I wish I knew.
Very cool. I'd be a 'little' concerned about the filter really slowing down flow in an open aplication, but they look like very neat little seperators.

If they were oem, we should find a list of trucks that used them.
They are designed to be run open or closed.
Seems the oil coming out is clean enough to return to the sump (with a check valve)

Interesting.

Yep that's the nice part, and if you do run it in a closed loop it shouldn't be puking oil in the intake.

I would love to get some feedback from someone using (actually installed) that is working? That Mann separator looks good, but again I would hate to be the guine pig, only to find out it can't handle the flow our overboosted cars have....

Where are they sold?

Where I'm planning on using this, I could plumb the drainback into the turbo drain hose. Is that under pressure?

Yes, the oil drain is under crank case pressure. The only line not under any pressure is the stock rubber hose from the pcv box on the block that acutally is submerged in oil.

Where are they sold?

Where I'm planning on using this, I could plumb the drainback into the turbo drain hose. Is that under pressure?
Yes it either needs to be submerged in oil or use an inline check valve they sell
I would love to get some feedback from someone using (actually installed) that is working? That Mann separator looks good, but again I would hate to be the guine pig, only to find out it can't handle the flow our overboosted cars have....
It should work just fine. It's designed for engines with a higher output than most have on this board

Back