• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1991 740 Radio

bmos

Does anyone have any information about which radios are compatible with which amps and equalizers?
I have a CR-708 that I bought to put into my 740 but the EQ DIN plug in my car is right-angle and blocks me from plugging the amp into the radio. What radio do I need to use this sweet period-correct graphic EQ?

What EQ do you have? I have two EQ-611 equalizers - one has a right angle plug, and the other has a straight out plug that wouldn’t interfere with your amp port.

I didn’t know there were two versions until I found this one with the straight plug; I’d propose an exchange if you like.

Unfortunately, that seems to only concern itself with 240 EQs
What EQ do you have? I have two EQ-611 equalizers - one has a right angle plug, and the other has a straight out plug that wouldn’t interfere with your amp port.
I didn’t know there were two versions until I found this one with the straight plug; I’d propose an exchange if you like.
EQ-611
My radio seems to be no good as well as, although it does turn on, I get no sound output (tuner or Tape) other than a pop from the dash speakers when the internal amp turns on.

Unfortunately, that seems to only concern itself with 240 EQs
EQ-611
My radio seems to be no good as well as, although it does turn on, I get no sound output (tuner or Tape) other than a pop from the dash speakers when the internal amp turns on.

Do you still have the EQ port jumper cap that goes in the radio where the EQ plugs in? If you unplug the EQ, the radio won?t output any sound at all unless that cap is in place... I?ve made that mistake so many times haha.

Do you still have the EQ port jumper cap that goes in the radio where the EQ plugs in? If you unplug the EQ, the radio won’t output any sound at all unless that cap is in place... I’ve made that mistake so many times haha.

I don't!! That must be the problem. Thanks so much.
I'd love to exchange the EQs if you're still interested.

Do you still have the EQ port jumper cap that goes in the radio where the EQ plugs in? If you unplug the EQ, the radio won?t output any sound at all unless that cap is in place... I?ve made that mistake so many times haha.

Thank you so much for this! I was wondering why my radio sounded so low. I put the cap back in just now and I have good volume!

Back