• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Grey to silver Phoenix

Fuel pump snafu:

49936782551_4e92d6e961_z.jpg

Parts needed to add power locks to the drivers door:

49936782516_35c8e47ccd_z.jpg

Started installing door panels. Fronts are never a problem but the rear always have the pin clip retainers loose. Hot glue gun reattaches them. Big thanks again to our man in Dallas for adding the pictures. Maybe I will learn how to do this before my clock stops.

Door panels done. Started filling the dead cars trunk with plastic pieces and glass. Still on the fence on how to remove the headliner. Builder car could use a windshield but that would add dollars to the project.

Major screwup yesterday. Went to to roll up the windows and no response. Got the test light and started poking around. No power anywhere. After some more snooping I saw the problem. The retainer that holds the wires into the ignition switch had come off and a few wires had come out. Panic. Popped the retainer off of the other harness and snapped a few pictures just in case. The crashed body is stripped .now to fill it with the guts from the silver one

Back in the flatlands for a few days so we got some work done. Front seats out. Which is a job that I do not enjoy. Carpet and insulation out. Reinstalled all with the black interior from the 760. I had left milk and fresh cookies for the elves for payment in advance to clean up the shop. Place is still a mess.

Back at it. Idea was to cut out the rear glass on both bodies because the silver car has peeling tint. Closer inspection revealed grey body window has 2 cracks. How does tempeterd glass crack and not shatture? Hours spent.

Ever since I got it running again it had a big p/s leak. Got it on the lift today to investigate. Seems that some dummy did not tighten the line to the rack.

Update. Came to the realization that this project was burning way more time that could be used on something better. Pulled engine and trans for installation into my 262c. The 262 already has a b230 hp22 &2.4. Also starting reassemble of a 67 Coronet. Not my car,belongs to a friend.

Spent insane amount of time on transmission linkage. Same on oil cooler hoses. One needed to be a little longer.

Spent the day tidying up. Built wire harness for aw70 overdrive. Replaced shifter that was hiding in plain sight. Working on air filter box. Got some great tips from fellow members. 3 40 gallon trash sacks full of duplicate wire harnesses gone to the dumpster.

The 262 swap has 100 miles on it. Performance is better than expected. Because I have been a wee bit heavy on the go pedal economy is down. Or maybe I didn’t get the tank full?

Got the exhaust tidied up. Adjusted trans throttle pressure , it was shifting way late. Spent the evening sorting ecu stash.

Under the dash on the 262 looks like a bomb went off in the phone company. Keyless entry remote start non Oem radio. Wires every where. There is a new remote/keyless unit waiting for install. Great opertunity for cleaning up the mess.

All of the wiring came from 90 244 with abs and the better a/c. Left front turn signal did not work. So I ran a wire from the switch to the light. Being all the dash is out now is the time to fix. Found a added wire coming out of the body harness with the same colors as the lh turn light. Blinks now. I might have cut the terminal off during the swap not knowing it’s use.

Back