• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wagon vs. Sedan IPD sways

neurot75

I have a '91 740 turbo wagon on my hands and im about to do a suspension job (not myself but a shop that i know really well) doing shox, springs and the axle stabilizer.

I want to get ipd sways also, but right now they're selling them for $336 which is ridiculous. I look for used ones and all i see are 740 SEDAN sways.

Theres one in the for sale section and people are asking if they are interchangable, and if not how are they different? (sedan and wagon sways)

My question is, should i just go ahead and get the sedan sways, since theyre the same thickness? or is the rear sway bar totally different from sedans and wagons?

I figured i'd ask here so others can see.

They are the same. Wagon version comes with mounting hardware which you will need. You can also get Rear Swaybar mounting kit at volvo dealer for about 20.

Just check to see if your wagon already has a rear bar. Depending on where you look, most sources say 700/900 wagons didn't come with rear bars, but mine did. If it's there, then you're set, just change the bar out. If not, either make sure to get the hardware with the new bar, or get it from the dealer like david said. Only $20 at the dealer? wow.

Back