• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B234F 1/2 arsed +T build pipe dreams... (time waster alert!)

530kms+90_740_B23ET

So i just rebuilt a 90 n/a gle and the motor is in good nic 175-185psi comp across the board and not burning oil. Everything else was babied with 168,000kms on the car.

I just had an idea while make puppies at work about a cheap +t build:

-TD05-16G with 10cm2 housing rebuilt sitting at work
-Big FMIC 32x12x4
-oil filter pedastal adapter with 2 aux fittings for banjo oil outlet for turbo
-turbo lower rad hose for coolant turbo hoses in my turbo wagon.
-lh2.4 thelostartof chipped ecu's
-brown top injectors (i will use resistor packs to correct impedance, or would it be ok since the ecu is switched to a turbo one?)
-adjustable FPR with walbro pump
-RSI 16V +t exhaust manifold
-custom dp
-AEM AFR

I know i can make it work easily with just the big ticket header and the spin on oil filter base/pedastal adapter and the turbo lower rad hose.

plumbing for the intake and fmic is no issue i have a bender and pipe at work.

But the issue is its a complete b234f not b230ft with a 16v head... So the compression is really high for a turbo 10:1CR. And probably even more since i had the head machined when i did the head gasket...

I looked on all data the comp specs were 130-160 lol And it blew way over. And there was no carbon on the valves or pistons since they were cleaned.

My question is if i have a safe AFR around 12.1-12.5 under full boost and 94octane with no knocking/pinging running 5-6 psi i should be in the clear right?

After all to my best knowledge its really only pinging/knocking and leaning out and detonation that fubars motors? And all about the tune too? My b23+ft ran lean 20psi around 13.0-13.5AFR but it never knocked and the motor never seemed to sustained damage in my 25,000kms of abuse. Maybe someone else can chime in on this with better intel?

thanks

Im not really aiming for crazy power... just something agile at least 200 at the flywheel.

I'd say you'll be fine, but the ezk116 is a little hot for the b234f, unless it's been chipped... but then again, lh-anything is always a guessing game.

i run TLAO chips in my 9.8:1 B230F + 16v + t... the bin was changed some for the 16v head. the compression is around 10.3:1. no problems on 91 ocatane, but rans WAY better on e85. my set up is 3" AMM, 65lb injectors, 16v head, 1990 b230f, holset hy35cw on a J-Pipe adapter, exhaust starts at 4"- down to 3" out the back, NPR intercooler, modded stock intake to clear 240 engine bay. there is defiantly alot that can be imporoved on in the maps - but it works great!

I'm running stock compression with 6lbs boost with RMT KKK K26 on a b234ft...fueling and timing are not stock. Its still a work in progress but its been boosted for over a year now holding together just fine (so far! :-P )

I'm running stock compression with 6lbs boost with RMT KKK K26 on a b234ft...fueling and timing are not stock. Its still a work in progress but its been boosted for over a year now holding together just fine (so far! :-P )

define not "stock" timing please :oops:

the only thing i would do is probably retard the timing a tad and use a TLAO ezk box.

what turbo manifold are you using?

i see ur in vic maybe i should just buy yours if you name a price :oogle:

Back