• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

aftermarket seats

90volvo

Looking to buy some aftermarket seats. I dont live near anywhere that would have different brands on display. So, curious what have you installed that fit. Know Im limited on room with a 240. Ive been looking at Cipher brand but not locked in yet. Im not concerned with the fabrication the mounts, just the physical part. I have a 1990 volvo 240. Like to have better upper back support, I drive long distants and the stock seats suck. Yes, my seats been redone when I got the car. Thanks

No. But have thought about going with fixed back but figured for a daily driver would be a pain getting in and out. Hoping for some feed back on here.

Whatever you get I would make sure they are a good brand and are safe. There's a lot of cheap seats out there that I wouldn't trust to save my life/back in a crash.

Whatever you get I would make sure they are a good brand and are safe. There's a lot of cheap seats out there that I wouldn't trust to save my life/back in a crash.

I'd take a used Recaro over any "affordable" new aftermarket seat.

I'm also of the opinion that fixed-back seats in street cars is mega dorky.

I've hit the pick n pulls local with no luck. Been watching for recaros for a long time with no luck on a decent price. The Wedsge link is great. Thanks.

I've a set of nice aftermarket seats in my 70 Chevelle. Malaysian made, and they function and look appropriate for the musclecar era (vinyl, but also available in leather for additional $$$). Adjusters work well, lumbar supports feel good. With just a couple sips of java I can't get the name just yet. I know one of their popular lines has "Ralleye" in the product name. Procar is the company.... offices in California somewhere, and good online catalog data available.

I'm pretty darn particular, and these are good quality seats for the money. As far as adapters, I'd try what Ben sells first.... the Procar seats are flat bottomed and fairly easy to adapt. From memory, I was at ~ $300 a seat shipped to the door, excluding mounts.

Edit - OP, if you are interested, PM me and I'll send/link you my seat install thread from the Chevelles forum.

Last edited:
I've hit the pick n pulls local with no luck. Been watching for recaros for a long time with no luck on a decent price.

My Recaro was once in a life time find, you'll probably not find deal like that again. Even if you do find the deal, you'll probably won't able to drive to the seller fast enough.

Junkyard around me is mostly junk, you'll have better luck getting seats from someone who is parting out a car.

its 2 hours to a pick n pull. Ive been there 6 times last year. The guy in the yard said employees buddys snatch them on the same day they come in. Im gonna try a yard in the opposite direction. Maybe Ill get lucky before I order aftermarket. Carpro seats is probably what I will order. Thanks

I have some procar seats that I got off of cl for $100.00. I had to skin them and weld up the frames where the factory joints had failed then I had to make a new rear mount for each side but the front tabs lined up. It was quite a bit of work but they fold forward to get in the rear of my 242. Girlfriend just rode in the car and commented on how much better they were than the old busted Volvo seats.

Then watch the Bride test that auto-plays right after! And Bride is not one I had in mind when I mentioned "affordable" seats!

That was crazy. I didn't see that when I first watched. Man, I wasn't expecting that.... Hmm I have some corbeau's. I better youtube them.....

Back