• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Air Mass Meter, it's the first thing after your airbox, has a connector to your wiring harness

Buy the IPD relocate kit for flame trap. If you want to get fancy contact Yoshifab and get their crank case catch tank breather setup. That's the hot setup.

Keep at it dude, check those boxes off and you'll have a bitchin ride!!

Any other questions?

Also, get rid of AC, it's a pain in the ass an you don't need it in dry heat like you have in PDX. Roll the window down in August, less stuff to go wrong. Get an A or B cam in there and you'll enjoy the smooth rev to 5k now and then. Makes the car pretty fun without having to redline it.

Also if you aren't keen on wiring too much you can convert to Breakerless ignition from a 75-80 model, simple and bombproof. If you can find a 1989 model you can pull the EZK computer ignition system. It's the best for these cars.

Great stuff. Thanks!

You guys are going to die when I show you the home made cold air intake on this sled. It has a flat filter zip tied at the end of the snorkel. First class!

Hoping to put it back on the ground this weekend. Maybe tires next week.

The stock intake works perfectly, I'd leave the stock airbox on there, you won't gain any power and only lose torque

It seems to have fallen off a while back. LOL. May have to find a used one.

Saw this on FB. Guys were going crazy about it. What's it from?

10363357_10153921592837412_798461199492643899_n.jpg

Volvo made two different dash styles in the 240's. Early cars didn't get the extra guage spots like yours did. RWC listed the years for the early dash. That cluster added other guages that weren't available otherwise. The other spot to install guages in the early dash was to drill out holes in the actual dash and install there.

Good looking unit. Love the way the tach and speedo needles swings.

What's the deal with the IPD temp gauge fix? Stock, the temp gauge is a bit "vague?"

The board functions to reduce warranty (ha!) service by classifying varying temperatures, as sensed by the thermistor in the head, into three ranges of the gauge. It turns the gauge into an idiot light with roughly four states: cold, cool, normal, and hot.

Interesting.

Spent $60 on lubrication goodness!

005-M.jpg

Snowman.

009-M.jpg

Having trouble getting the top nut off the trans mount. I can barely get a wrench on it between the brackets.

Prototype cold air system that, evidently, escaped the factory accidentally.

007-M.jpg

I think I found where my PCV hose is supposed to go.

008-M.jpg

That hose nipple on the airbox is a dead-end
Nothing goes on it.
M47 uses ATF I think, maybe 10w-30 oil I think some folks use.

M47 is susposed to use the Type F ATF but you can put anything in it, some people put the redline in it or other thicker oil, it just takes a wee bit longer to warm up and the shifts can be a little slower to do before warmed up with thicker oil. Main thing is make sure it's in a gear or the next right gear before you stomp on it.

Third gear is the weak gear. I replaced 4 manual m46's in one year once in a turbo 740 wagon. One time downshifting into third on Cornholiness pass back when they still let you pass on that road, shifted into third, stomped on it, zing, nothing. Gears stripped, slapped it back into 4th, kept going.

Back