Old 05-22-2019, 08:02 AM   #52
dbarton
Dejected by Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC4CARL View Post
Like this?

Bigger!

Dave

'84 242ti, owned since 2003. Always garaged since brand new. Old-school rounds because. B21FT, iPd Springs/Sways, SDS EFI/IGN, TD04HL-15G, T5Z trans with 0.73 OD retrofitted, 3.91 diff with G80.
Volvo seeks Divorce from Volvo Enthusiast Community: www.prancingmoose.com/#novolvo
Dave's Volvo Page: www.davebarton.com
dbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #53
rb92673
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton View Post
On to the next item on my list. Installing a new AEM wide band to replace the failed Innovate.
Dave B
Have you thought about Zeitronix? I purchased one at the suggestion of Yoshifab after I melted my AEM wiring and blew up the gauge. A little more expensive but they appear to have more options.

The gauge itself is only as thick as the bezel and connects to the brains via a rj-11 style phone cord. I think it uses the same Bosch o2 sensor as the AEM.

http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm
rb92673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:55 AM   #54
dbarton
Dejected by Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb92673 View Post
Have you thought about Zeitronix? I purchased one at the suggestion of Yoshifab after I melted my AEM wiring and blew up the gauge. A little more expensive but they appear to have more options.

The gauge itself is only as thick as the bezel and connects to the brains via a rj-11 style phone cord. I think it uses the same Bosch o2 sensor as the AEM.

http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm
Thought about it. Bought the AEM already.
Dave
Old 05-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #55
dbarton
Dejected by Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb92673 View Post

The AEM is very short also. maybe an inch. It seems to fit nicely, although I'm using a customized bezel I cut for the hole. Hopefully this one doesn't melt.
Dave
-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AEM-AFgauge242-2019-1med.jpg (164.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg AEM-AFgauge242-2019-2med.jpg (152.7 KB, 117 views)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #56
jlfenton95

Hey Dave,

If you don't remember I asked you in this thread if you used any gasket stuff or something to create a seal between the derale housing and the interchangeable nut as I found it to be quite a loose fit. Well I've recently installed the derale adapter on my engine and for my own reasons primed the oil pump by hand with the oil cooler lines disconnected to verify flow. Oil flowed out both the input and output of the derale housing - not a drip but a nice stream. I'm guessing oil is seeping between the housing and the nut, so therefore if the engine were to be run a considerable amount of unfiltered oil would go through it.
jlfenton95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #57
dbarton
Dejected by Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfenton95 View Post
Hey Dave,

If you don't remember I asked you in this thread if you used any gasket stuff or something to create a seal between the derale housing and the interchangeable nut as I found it to be quite a loose fit. Well I've recently installed the derale adapter on my engine and for my own reasons primed the oil pump by hand with the oil cooler lines disconnected to verify flow. Oil flowed out both the input and output of the derale housing - not a drip but a nice stream. I'm guessing oil is seeping between the housing and the nut, so therefore if the engine were to be run a considerable amount of unfiltered oil would go through it.
Did you use sealer? I don't know if sealer would be a good idea in there because it might break loose and end up somewhere you don't want. Maybe an o-ring could be put behind that nut, not sure.

Either way, I don't know if it would affect the filtering much, since the filter is further down past the thermostat.

Maybe this is a question for Derale. You might see if you can contact someone there.
Dave