• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 Turbo

It runs!!! Yeah, I know it's been a while, but that doesn't matter anymore.

It didn't start initially. Determined it was spark related, then started double guessing my wiring - car currently has LH2.2 with EZK. Used a 740 EZK harness, LH 2.2 NA harness (without modification so I can sell it later), and hacked up the old 240 turbo harness which has the coolant temp, oil press, starter, alternator, etc. wires in it. Turned out to be the junkyard powerstage. Swapped that and it fired right up.

The warning lights in the cluster aren't coming on when the key is in position II, except for the oil pressure light. Not really sure why at this point. Still have some work to do before its driveable: oil feed line to turbo broke (AN fitting), correct size accessory belts, need the correct temp switch for the e-fan so I can install it in the radiator hose and fill this thing with coolant, cut some more off the cold side intercooler pipe so it fits with the AMM, figure out the crackcase vent, put another half quart in the M46, need the wastegate bracket fabricated from 2fast242gt, then button up the front clip and go do some burnouts!!

Reasons why only your oil pressure light comes on are either due to a bad or disconnected exciter wire to the alternator, or there are issues either with the alternator itself or with the instrument cluster. If the voltage jumps up to 13.5 or so when you've accelerated to about 15 mph in 1st gear (around 2500 rpm or so), then it's either the wire or the cluster that has issues.

Anyway, cool that the car's running again.

-J

It runs!!! Yeah, I know it's been a while, but that doesn't matter anymore.

It didn't start initially. Determined it was spark related, then started double guessing my wiring - car currently has LH2.2 with EZK. Used a 740 EZK harness, LH 2.2 NA harness (without modification so I can sell it later), and hacked up the old 240 turbo harness which has the coolant temp, oil press, starter, alternator, etc. wires in it. Turned out to be the junkyard powerstage. Swapped that and it fired right up.

The warning lights in the cluster aren't coming on when the key is in position II, except for the oil pressure light. Not really sure why at this point. Still have some work to do before its driveable: oil feed line to turbo broke (AN fitting), correct size accessory belts, need the correct temp switch for the e-fan so I can install it in the radiator hose and fill this thing with coolant, cut some more off the cold side intercooler pipe so it fits with the AMM, figure out the crackcase vent, put another half quart in the M46, need the wastegate bracket fabricated from 2fast242gt, then button up the front clip and go do some burnouts!!
Congrats!

want another m46 for cheep for when you blow that one?

I think we have two spares in the shed currently. Honestly, after this one blows I'll be looking for something a lot stronger. My 16 valve head is just sitting in the basement right now.

Keep up the good work!
Any more pictures...lokking good!

Thanks. I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me. Next time!

The reason the dash warning lights were not working was because of the alternator ground. Got that figured out. Also found the correct belt sizes for the Denso 100A alternator and the PS with the non-AC bracket.

Need to replace the AN fitting that broke on the oil feed and modify the cold side pipe to work with the AMM. To-do list is getting short!

It drives. Waiting on Hobbyist plates so I can legally drive it on the road (never thought my reason for not driving it would be waiting for plates).

Definitely need one of these:
stufffff009.jpg

Think I'll black out the headlight surrounds like I did here:
09-22-07_1459.jpg

E-fan needs to be wired in, throttle cable has a small amount of play in it, and most importantly, it needs a MBC.

Schedule a weekend coming up to do all the rear suspension as I never did that with the car in the garage.

R brakes pulled quite a bit up front, but they've been sitting for a while and I'd like to get some miles on them.

Last edited:
Smith, this is awesome news buddy! Let me know when you bring her down to Milwaukee, Tom and I want to seeeee it!

Thanks, man! Parking on the street blows.

Boost was at around 5 psi but I'm guessing its more like 14 now after adjusting the waste gate. Need to get the calibrated gauge in there. Somehow I lost a rear caliper mounting bolt.

Traction sucks. It has 205 performance tires and an open diff. Both of which need to be addressed.

Current mods:

Squirter block with LH2.2 and 850T injectors
Ported 90+ with 16T, 3" dp (and thats all of the exhaust atm)
No radiator fan
iPd turbo cam
NPR not installed yet

R brakes up front with the rear limiting valves removed in the back

Only the front suspension is done right now,
Coilovers with Koni yellows
Camber plates
Ipd sway
Poly everywhere

Nice list, love the brakes! The rear suspension might take a little while for you to hit everything but it will be totally worth it.

What is the advantage of removing the limiting valves?

Back