• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offset for wide wheels on a 245?

stevencsat

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting some Diamond Racing wheels for my 1985 245 Wagon, and I'm unsure about the offset. My car is on IPD lowering springs and KYB shocks, and I really want to put a 15x9 in the rear. Any ideas what offset I would need to order to clear in the rear?

My setup: 91 240, fenders rolled flat, stock height. 17x9 et26 with 25mm adapters and 245/45/17. Normally no rub. Tires rub with people in the back seat or with lots of articulation. No rub with me and the wife up front going over speedbumps and in normal driving. Wheels never rub, just the tires and barely at that. I could go with a 235/40 and probably eliminate the issue.

he knows what he's talking about

By just saying no? I'm confused as to if he was saying no he doesn't know what offset I would need, or if he was saying no to my choice of cheap, wide wheels. Either way, it didn't help with my question.

Thank you, Redwood Chair for the info. I realized after I posted that the wheels only come in an 8" width or a 10" width so I went with 15x8 0 offset on all four corners.

By just saying no? I'm confused as to if he was saying no he doesn't know what offset I would need, or if he was saying no to my choice of cheap, wide wheels. Either way, it didn't help with my question.

Thank you, Redwood Chair for the info. I realized after I posted that the wheels only come in an 8" width or a 10" width so I went with 15x8 0 offset on all four corners.

Ya my first response was the same number but in a bit more colorful context, but I guess the mod didn't like it.

:oops:

Anyway you'll need a 3mm or 5mm spacer to clear the stock car style [inward] brake vent hole lips to caliper on the front of a 240 so that'll push your offset back up a little.

Ya my first response was the same number but in a bit more colorful context, but I guess the mod didn't like it.

:oops:

Anyway you'll need a 3mm or 5mm spacer to clear the stock car style [inward] brake vent hole lips to caliper on the front of a 240 so that'll push your offset back up a little.

Is that the same situation with a 245? I read somewhere that the 240 sedan had slightly different front calipers than the wagons did

I must have also missed the part where I asked for your useless opinion.

One should expect all sorts of opinions when asking for help. Some good, some not, but it is your vehicle. Do as you like. Quit worrying what others think. Or if you are worried, then his advise is helpful. They are very heavy wheels, and more unsprung weight kills handling. Is that worded better?

One should expect all sorts of opinions when asking for help. Some good, some not, but it is your vehicle. Do as you like. Quit worrying what others think. Or if you are worried, then his advise is helpful. They are very heavy wheels, and more unsprung weight kills handling. Is that worded better?

I understand that everyone has opinions, but I didn't start a thread asking for opinions on the wheel choice. I simply asked about offsets seeing as how many people here have aftermarket wheels on their cars.

And the way I see it there have been two useless comments left on this thread, both by DoucheNozzle. If he feels there is a good reason I shouldn't use the wheels, maybe he should offer a suggestion for a different wheel that comes in the size that I mentioned. It's not "advice" if you're just being negative about someone else's car/choices.

I understand that everyone has opinions, but I didn't start a thread asking for opinions on the wheel choice. I simply asked about offsets seeing as how many people here have aftermarket wheels on their cars.

And the way I see it there have been two useless comments left on this thread, both by DoucheNozzle. If he feels there is a good reason I shouldn't use the wheels, maybe he should offer a suggestion for a different wheel that comes in the size that I mentioned. It's not "advice" if you're just being negative about someone else's car/choices.
You won't last long around here if you cry and whine about every comment you get that you don't like. If you don't like it, just ignore and move on.

There are not many wheel choices for 240's until you start adapting other lug patterns. Once you start doing that, the wheel world opens up a lot.

The 5x108 with very little offset makes it hard. That being said. There are many useful tools and websites out there. Wheel Offset Calculator You could safely run ET10 in the rear. From what I've seen a lot of TBers run ET0. Trying to remember who all is running a 8"+ wide wheel.

I run et20 on an 8” in the rear with room for less offset, and -5et via a spacer up front.

You’ll need some fender rolling and getting the offset just about perfect.

Next question, why do you want a 9” wheel?

The 5x108 with very little offset makes it hard. That being said. There are many useful tools and websites out there. Wheel Offset Calculator You could safely run ET10 in the rear. From what I've seen a lot of TBers run ET0. Trying to remember who all is running a 8"+ wide wheel.

Thanks. I searched a ton of forum pages, Pinterest accounts, personal build sites and the like but it seemed like everyone either still needed spacers or went with rolled fenders

Back