• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 1982 244 blowing fuse 13

Dustinj240

About a month ago my 240 kept getting the battery drained and would die on me. Tested the alternator and it was bad so i replaced that. Ran fine for a few days then kept dying again. After this I let it sit for a month but I just replaced, the battery, fuel pump relay, and the in tank fuel pump and sending unit. When I went to start it, I could hear the pumps going again and the power was on the dash. It was very close to starting but wouldn't turn over. I tried starter fluid and that didn't help. Figured it was spark so I started checking out plugs,wires,etc. Plugs and wires looked good but the distributor cap was corroded and the coil was bad. I replaced both of those and she still doesn't want to start. Today when tinkering with it the dash lost power after i tried to start it, and i could not hear the fuel pumps as i normally can. I checked the fuse box and noticed #13 was blown. I replaced it with a spare I had and it blew again when I tried to start the car. Any ideas on the issue? Im going to check the grounds tomorrow but thats all I can think of. Thanks in advance

Of all the multiple things that Fuse #13 provides power to is the fuel injection relay.

That might be a clue.

Others are:

instruments
turn signals
seat belt warning light
CIS system
Oil Pressure gauge
Volt meter
Ambient temp gauge

Back