• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Starter engages while engine is running. What is this connector for?

The replacement harnesses don't have the same problem with the insulation crumbling. You want a used replacement harness.

The original harnesses suffer from biodegradable insulation that crumbles off the wires. The replacement harnesses do not.

Why would another used replacement harness be any better than my used harness?

you don't have a good used replacement harness.
you have a bad used original harness with crumbly insulation and bare exposed wires

You should have a fire extinguisher nearby whenever the battery is connected

The original harnesses suffer from biodegradable insulation that crumbles off the wires. The replacement harnesses do not.

From what I read, the later model cars have harness issues as well. Anyway, just ordered pigtails and connectors from Dave for $40. It that doesn't take care of it, I'll deal with it then.

IY964LUl.jpg

ubik5U4l.jpg

Here?s pictures of the harness I pulled out of my car a couple months ago. The exposed wires you see in the picture were inside of the wiring sheath. The coating literally just crumbles off. If it?s exposed at the plug it?s exposed elsewhere. Original harnesses up till 87 are all junk. Volvo then replaced them, that?s where used replacement harnesses come into play, as some of these cars got into the junkyard for other reasons people pulled the minty updated harnesses to use or sell. I bought the Dave Barton harness because after pricing tools, wires, connectors and whatever else I needed it came out to about the same as a new harness

Back