• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1991 240 door lock cylinder

Dr-MorningWood

So mine door lock cylinder is acting up

I cannot find any information on replacement.

Any idea how to do this while keeping my 1 key?

Thanks!

Have you tried any special lock tumbler lubricant?

A JY lock can be rekeyed to your key but will probably best be done by a locksmith. The locks are specific to left and right.

What?s acting up? Good chance it?s degraded wiring in there shorting out on something. That?s what mine was doing and it was causing all kinds of weird stuff to happen. 90% of the time it would not lock and when it did, it would randomly unlock if I hit a bump. I took it all apart cleaned the wiring and used some liquid electrical tape and it has been perfect ever since

What?s acting up? Good chance it?s degraded wiring in there shorting out on something. That?s what mine was doing and it was causing all kinds of weird stuff to happen. 90% of the time it would not lock and when it did, it would randomly unlock if I hit a bump. I took it all apart cleaned the wiring and used some liquid electrical tape and it has been perfect ever since

The key physically sticks inside the cylinder. And sometimes it wont turn. It might have been screwed during a deep freeze we had

Back