• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No injector pulse on volvo S70

milmatoro

My volvo s70 has no injector pulse. The problem started when i replaced the turbo due to continuous smoking.

On my trouble shooting, i have spark, good fuel pressure, crank sensor seems oky i can even read the rpm on the engine on OBD2 scanner.

The vehicle would start for just 2 seconds and shut off. I therefore removed the fuel rail with injectors attached then cranked the engine, i saw that the injectors would just spray fuel once, thus one full cycle and stops. Hence starting for just 2seconds. I then grounded the pulse wires to the injectors then they all sprayed. To me it was an indication of good fuel pressure.

I am suspecting the ECU because i tested for continuity on the pulse wire from ecu to the injectors and it was good.
Who anyone help me with a different opinion at solving the problem at hand.i am now clueless:oops:.

I forgot to mention that the injectors have got constant 12v power supply. Anyone who might have encounted such a problem please help

Cam sensor. The crank sensor determines engine speed but the cam sensor is used for injector sequencing during startup. Common failure with age, won't necessarily throw a CEL.

Cam sensor. The crank sensor determines engine speed but the cam sensor is used for injector sequencing during startup. Common failure with age, won't necessarily throw a CEL.

That could be true, I will have to take out the cam sensor and replace it.

Did you test the fuel injector relay near the radiator fan relay?

I am not sure if that is the fuel injector relay grey plastic in colour and that is were the fan is also connected.

As it stands I have not yet tested it if thats the one your are referring to, over snd above that my fan is not kicking on when I am cranking like it used to be. if that grey thing is the relay, it might also be a root caur of my problem.

Any idea on how best to test it, or the most appropriate testing method

The oscilloscope is my preferred tool. My Hantek scope was $80. Instead of spending $30 on fuel and sweating in the junkyard, one could test the sensor.

Another test method uses the multimeter: measure resistance and look for an open or possibly some huge amount of resistance.

Or try your luck with an LED test light. I would expect blinking, or a solid green light (depending on you light).

What is a logic probe?

Google fu:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/crank_sensors.htm

Back