• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1999 740T 16T upgrade

5ft24

Well, the 16T is clocked, and once I can get a downpipe made to mate with the angle housing, it will be bolted on.
Once I start the process, I'll post my process as I go

Turbo is ready to go on...
16T from a 2001 S70 T5. Going to get the downpipe flange from a boneyard and have 3" all the way back

20160727_132632.jpg

20160727_132641.jpg

20160727_132655.jpg

turbo from a 2001 S70 on a 1999 740

also, have fun bolting on the angled flange hotside and getting your water lines right

I would make sure to bench test it, I have only done like 20-30 15g's over my time and I failed with a lot of brackets over the years trying new stuff. Either way bench test it @ 20psi and see if there is any flex. You might be surprised how much it will flex.

How about this, the stock setup can flex with two mounting points and you are only using one of them.

I would make sure to bench test it, I have only done like 20-30 15g's over my time and I failed with a lot of brackets over the years trying new stuff. Either way bench test it @ 20psi and see if there is any flex. You might be surprised how much it will flex.

How about this, the stock setup can flex with two mounting points and you are only using one of them.

25 psi and absolutely no flex. under pressure there is no load on the bracket. wg flap pushes open with little to no force. only time there is tension is under vacuum and less than the 8psi that the actuator is built to. checked it to 25" vacuum with a hand pump as well and none there either

Back