• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '78 242 L33 turbo build

So my setup is a bit overkill until turbos? I know at higher power levels my in tank pump might need to be larger, but I figured it would take a while to drain the surge tank under heavy acceleration, longer than I would need to worry about. It's not going to spend a full 60 seconds at full throttle or something nuts like that.

My tank has no baffles, and I expect it to be able to launch/corner hard enough to slosh the fuel away from the pump, I've experienced it many times in other cars, maybe 240s are different, idk, but I already have the tank so its a bit of a moot point.

Have to ask why you're hell bent on PC for the tank? It seems to be creating a big obstacle and cost for you, and I don't see the gain. Clean it up inside and out, put a nice finish of paint on it and rock out!

I was focused on solving the problem, after stepping back from it for a few days I am just going to have it cleaned by the radiator repair shop near me (2 miles away and cheap to dip the tank) and paint or undercoat it. I will probably just use some of our military surplus paint we have at work, some of it is pretty tough.

My slow motion project is almost halted by days of single digit temps, dam its cold in here, even my Simple Green froze..

FFpUq6El.jpg

On the plus side, I found this 1 1/2" nail remnant embedded in my new Conti DWS rear tire and removed it without any leaks :)

iZdIpIml.jpg

Weirdly enough it was 60 degrees today... haha I have various emblems stuck on my tool boxes, seemed better than sitting a drawer

Thought I would include some of the side stuff on this project, here is a set of NOS fog lights and covers I got (wiring included! blackvlv on ebay), as well as the outer C pillar emblems from Skandix.

uN1KqDTl.jpg

A portion of my mostly NOS or very good condition scores..

X3zHbHNl.jpg

I'm hoarding this stuff because I want to keep this car forever, if you have something I might be interested in PM me, any wear parts especially, I'm even interested in that crusty box of plastic clips, nuts, bolts, switches you got.

My always changing wanted list:

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=346269

Thanks, let me know if ya find any. I pm'd ya a while ago, did ya get it?

Chopped and painted 740 T from my old car lives on..

KsafkCNl.jpg

Ya I got the Stack gauges...never seen that many wire on a gauge before haha, will be adding a matching coolant temp gauge.

g9TDUnNl.jpg

1AgHnUrl.jpg

Holes to put gauges into, need those I guess, the pillar will be AFR and boost

MlLhn0Yl.jpg

Some NOS fender emblems, these jumped out at me because there is no engine size on the bottom, which is odd. Needs a 5.3 there!

NjSswxkl.jpg

Vinyl - Dave Barton did 'em for me. I think he attempts to come close to the original font. Your 2's and mine/his look pretty similar.

Shouldn't be a problem. I cleaned the emblem up, painted it, detailed the 'dental molding' at the top - and then stuck on his decals.

It's an Autometer, fraction of the cost, not as cool, but I just am having trouble justifying the cost of the repop, and original is inunobtainium and even harder to justify the cost. I can see it if you are doing a real restoration, but this is just a "resto-mod" car. I will have to make a nice plate to mount it to. Dave Barton made a very nice one off repop of the rally gauge, and I will probably mount it in a similar way to his, but black anodized aluminum base and maybe a textured wrap over the pod.

Back