• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Simply Incrediable

A

Anonymous

I was bumming around on the net last night looking at various car prices in the UK and came across this.

1991 H Reg Volvo 940 2.3 Turbo
Petrol, Silver, Estate, 148,000 miles , 4 Doors. Adjustable Steering Column, Alloy Wheels, Central Door Locking, Centre Rear Seat Belt, One Owner, Power-Assisted Steering, Sunroof, 7 Seater.Half leather, new turbo, New Tyres, Stunning example,call ian ?1,395.

OR roughly about $2,200
motor4699.jpg

It might make sense for me to buy it, man I need some E-codes. IF it has an M90 I should ditch my car, man that car is perfect doesn't even seem to have many rock chips either. Maybe it got hit or something :e-shrug:

The most expensive 940 I found was around 4,500 pounds for a one owner 97 mint turbo wagon. Which leads me too believe the big rear wheel drive 4 bangers do not do well in Blighty. Because I was also looking at 97 V70 R AWD, that was going for about 16,000 pounds or about 24,500 dollars. Of course the housing market over thier might have adverse effects on the car market

Only prob 945ti is its LHD drive, although that doesnt stop the the mail man.

I overlooked LHD. If I tried to shift I would:
A: Open the door
B: Ram it into first on the highway and 5th to start off. What fun this would be. :eek:
Sorry can't do this, I would be terrified driving an LHD car in America. Imagine the looks you would get slamming your car into 2ND on the freeway and with no driver appearent from the left side. :p I like RWD bricks, I like V70R's, but AWD is no substitute for a well balanced RWD wagon. I hear ya on the price thing though. In Portland there is a whole menagerie of volvos. RWD bricks are very valued where I live. I was considering flying somewhere to get a really nice brick since the prices are pretty rough here. I like my brick and am dedicated to making it better, so Exhaust and M46 here we come!

1. How are you going to import it to america... thats gonna cost big bucks.
2. LHD = Left hand drive... like your car. This car is RHD
3. The shifting pattern is not backwards... so you probably wouldn't have problems with shifting into 2nd on the freeway and 5th to start... Just a little info for ya. :beer:

[quote:31a060c623]1. How are you going to import it to america... thats gonna cost big bucks. [/quote:31a060c623]
I'm not, but I really like the car.
[quote:31a060c623]2. LHD = Left hand drive... like your car. This car is RHD[/quote:31a060c623]
This is confusing, LHD can be you drive on the Left Hand side of the road, or you drive on the left hand side of the car. I meant the road, or we could call it WHD for Wrong hand Drive with regard to street position.
:p
[quote:31a060c623] The shifting pattern is not backwards... so you probably wouldn't have problems with shifting into 2nd on the freeway and 5th to start... Just a little info for ya[/quote:31a060c623]
That's exactly the problem, the shifting pattern is indeed not backwards. 1st is on the far side of your seat where 5th should be. My dad ended up opening the door trying to drive an english car. I don't think I would get the hang of it. Just liked the car, but Wrong hand drive is not going to work. You'd be surprized what volvos cost here, but I would likely be better off looking elsewhere in the US. I don't care though, I like my brick fine.

Whoa.. those are some very nice.. very affordable turbobricks.. Maybe we can get a group buy on a shipping vessel and just send a bunch over on our personal Turbobricks sponsored ship.

Exactly if we impoted bulk we could have enough here for everyone who wanted one, then we could sell the rest in massachustes, maine and seattle and make a tidy profit. Then for the help of those with hi-po 240's we can nick some M90's and manifolds off some. only prob being RHD and importing issues.

But just an idea!!

It kills me to know that I can afford one, but not be insured on one :evil:
They are cheaper over here since they are 'only volvos' and people seem to be afraid of high mileage too.

those are quite a normal prices, the red 87 (E) car was ?1695 when i was buying my car which is the same age and milage and cost me ?580. 960 3.0's are just as cheap.

Well as I will be moving to the UK to get my masters and more and likely stay after that, I now know what my chariot shall be. Unitek is even closer so the extra cash I save from dropping my BMW E36 Touring M3 idea, can go into the B230ft of my dreams.

Dr Pook (i think thats it) thanks for the extra posting of cars for sale

Cheers Scott H

Back