• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Restore the shine to your valve cover, can you see reflections in yours?

2turbotoys

Salaminizer
I started playing around with a valve cover hanging on my wall for something to do, and thought I would share the results. It isn't finished but you can see the idea works. I started with a decent cover that wasn't missing much paint/powdercoat/whatever its coated with.

The process is simple, Wenol Blue metal polish and a soft rag, and a soft bristle bristle toothbrush around the letters. Then Simple Green or Dawn to remove the excess, a microfiber cloth to polish it out. I didn't get to the end stage yet in the pics, tomorrow I'll finish it. The 1st V has been buffed with 320 grit, not sure if it was worth the effort though.

Of course I didn't think to take a before pic, so here is a 1/3rd done pic haha.

YJobtrKl.jpg

Most of the polishing done, still needs to be cleaned with Simple Green and wiped with microfiber cloth to check for areas missed.

ku3U7m3l.jpg

The entire process took me maybe 4 to 5 hours because I am watching car shows and drinking brandy while doing it. Your results may differ :-P

Back