• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 1992 740/940 AC Condenser Replacement

vivalavolvo

Hey,

All the new goodies should be in tonight and I'm going to try and swap out my hoses and condenser tonight after work, so probably in the dark .

Any tips for swapping the condenser to make it easier? Possibly without disconnecting the radiator?

And yes, I have all the tools and materials for AC work and know how to use them.

Thanks in advance!

The condenser is right in front, just remove the grill and upper cover panel then you'll have pretty good access. Use penetrating oil on all the connections and let it soak so you don't twist any of the hard lines.

Are you replacing the receiver/drier as well? Usually it's a good idea to replace that (filled with the appropriate oil) and the orifice tube if you open up the system.

Does the 92 use the big radiator? If so, my radiator was attached to the condenser with 3 screws and clips across the top...

So, does anyone know what the fitting size is for the switches on the condenser? The new one has larger fittings that don't fit, I moved two over from the old one but one has buggered threads. Other then that I seem to have a stuck low pressure fitting on the compressor. I must have had my Wheaties that day I installed the compressor lol.

Back