• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What color should I paint my 122?

What color should I paint my 122?

• Total voters

MikeJr.

Gloss Boss
300+ Club
I am going to paint it sooner or later, but I can't decide on a color. The original color is Golden Yellow #84 , which actually looks more beige than yellow. It also has a brown interior. I don't hate the color combo, but I'm not in love with it either.
163800363.jpg

166256168.jpg

163612799.jpg

Here is a list of choices. These would be the stock colors for Volvo during that time period.
1. Gray *would require interior color change to red IMO
2. Green *could keep the brown interior
3. Red *would require interior color change to black IMO
4. Black *could keep the brown
5. Same golden yellow

I always try to ask myself which color would I have chosen if I had bought the car brand new, and I always think Grey with a red interior. To me that's the best color combo for the 122. Then again I look at some other colors like green or red and I like those too. I just can't decide

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Just be sure that you take care with Black. It shows everything, not just prep flaws, but spray flaws and how good your detailer is at his trade.

Are you going to do a complete color change? If not keep it the same color. If you're painting jambs and all I vote black if you keep the interior color.

I like the grey, but sometimes I think it looks a bit boring
166806516.jpg

That red though...
166806511.jpg

Green looks amazing. I like the light green, but it close to what I have now
166806512.jpg

Black is nice but hard to take care of and hot in the summer
166806523.jpg

I'm not opposed to that light blue that Volvo had on some 122s
166806515.jpg

Still can't decide. I literally change my mind ever time I start thinking about it. You guys post up some more colors.

I think the current color over the brown interior looks perfect for that period of car. Restore it to stock.

Keeping it stock you won't have to worry about every nook and cranny.

I'm going to worry about every nook and cranny even if I go back to the original color.

I'm going to make sure this paint job is top notch. Everything is getting repainted. It will be my pi?ce de r?sistance!

Keeping it stock you won't have to worry about every nook and cranny.

door jambs, engine bay, under the hood, under the trunk, inside the trunk... changing the color is hard to do right.

edit: missed who OP was so that's less of a concern.

I've got a real soft spot for black 122's

I'm also into grey's right now, I can see grey on red for sure.

Back