• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1.6 N/A Whiteblock->1.9 T4 - possible?

bg004130

Hi,
Is it possible to make the 1.6 B4164S into a 1.9 T4(B4194T)?
Bore is the same at 81mm.
My concerns are to do with one being a N/A motor and the other a turbo one.
Do both have the same block- for example oil sprayers under the pistons?
Can I put the T4 conrods on the 77mm crank? Is the deck height the same?

The most important question however is- is the gearbox bolt pattern the same as on a 5 cyl?

Why the 1.6? Because laws here suck, that's why. F*cking T?V...

Thanks for that.
I thought it might be different as 4 cyls were installed only in S/V40s and they never had 5 cyls, so the gearbox may have been different (and they also shared the gearbox with some Mitsubishi models like the Carisma and Space Star)

Last edited:
Hi,
Is it possible to make the 1.6 B4164S into a 1.9 T4(B4194T)?
Bore is the same at 81mm.
My concerns are to do with one being a N/A motor and the other a turbo one.
Do both have the same block- for example oil sprayers under the pistons?
Can I put the T4 conrods on the 77mm crank? Is the deck height the same?

The most important question however is- is the gearbox bolt pattern the same as on a 5 cyl?

Why the 1.6? Because laws here suck, that's why. F*cking T?V...

Is it possible to make the 1.6 B4164S into a 1.9 T4(B4194T)? - Yes

Do both have the same block- for example oil sprayers under the pistons? - No, but the flange is there, so you can drill and fit the squirters

Can I put the T4 conrods on the 77mm crank? Is the deck height the same? - Why would you do that? If you leave the 77mm crank in there you wont have 1.9. Change the crank to 90mm, and get a set of 81mm T4 piston they fit into the 1.6 block as well. The rods are the same IIRC.

The most important question however is- is the gearbox bolt pattern the same as on a 5 cyl? - Yes, but i dont think you can fit a gearbox from 5 cyl car. Get an m56 from a t4 or a 4cyl 2.0t because that Renault sh*tbox will brake if you use it with a turbo.

Thanks for that.
I thought it might be different as 4 cyls were installed only in S/V40s and they never had 5 cyls, so the gearbox may have been different (and they also shared the gearbox with some Mitsubishi models like the Carisma and Space Star)

They share the gearboxes only with the 1.8 GDI models.

Thanks.
77mm stroke- so it can rev higher.
Gearbox question- I only needed to know will an adapter for the 5 cyl fit.
It will be going in a RWD chassis with a bmw gearbox.

You can rev it but what is the point if the cams die around 5800?Not to mention that you loose ~300ccm. And I am speaking about the NA cams. With turbo cams the power will be cut even earlier.

Back