• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Question For 240s With Engine Swaps

2JZFC

Doing a 2JZ-GTE in a 244 with MS3X ECU for a buddy and looking to see where other swappers have located their ECUs and associated electronics, i.e., relays, fuse panel, etc.

Thanks,

Most will install it where the old ecu and ezk went. Firewall holes are there for wiring, etc. It's easily accessible and enough room there to do work. Trying to hide it elsewhere, like behind the dash, is not going to be fun. With the relays and such, you have a bit more options. Engine bay if sealed and driver side kick panel where the old fuse block is/was. Don't try to reinvent the wheel too much, it can come back to bite you when wiring. Space can get tight in and around the dash area.

Agree with above. The MS3x box does fit in the stock ecu location and the kick panel still works fine, result is that you have no idea there is an aftermarket ecu there.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

I haven't dug into the OEM wiring yet, but I assume the stock ECU does not tie into anything other than engine management and therefore it and the harness can be totally removed.

There's an 11-pin white connector (or 9-pin for early 240s or 24-pin for late 93s) in the passenger footwell that goes from the engine harness to the cabin gauges/wiring. You'll want to tap into some of those signals. See post #49 of:
LH2.4 Install/Conversion. Just 4 wires to make it run

There's also a big 2x4 gray connector in the engine compartment, top center of bulkhead, that includes some dashboard wires - I think I saw a good pinout description on Dave Barton's site as part of his replacement harness documents.

I am installing a MS3X and the only thing I need from the Volvo wiring is a single SW12V that is hot while cranking. There should be one in the OEM ECM harness or I'll get it from the ignition switch.

Thanks,

Back