• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1970 1800E Driver Restoration

Wrapping this thread up and preparing to transition into the next project, which will be the resurrection of a 1973 1900ES using a rust and accident free (at least that's what I think!) stripped shell and my rusted and accident damaged ES parts car.

At any rate, I finally managed to get the car on the road in mid October, more or less. There were still a lot of wiring details that needed sorting out and it wasn't inspected yet but I chanced it and drove up to a Shaker village near Concord NH with Viv of Lost Legends who drove the ?56? Porsche Speedster for the original owner/client (who was sat shotgun).

Since then I've sorted out the remaining electrical wiring issues, got it properly inspected and am driving it to get the engine broken in. The only noteworthy remaining issue I'm dealing with is a pegging water temp gauge. And yes, the gas gauge reads accurately so I don't ~think~ it's the voltage regulator (which I tested prior to dash install). I've got a replacement gauge on the way from Roger Patricio and when I dig into the dash to put it in I'll also do the solid state voltage regulator mod at the same time for peace of mind.

Oh - and I have a bad AAV that needs replacing. Oscillating idle when cold, followed by warm engine idle at 1200 rpm. I'll sort that out before next season but for now it's ok (and the car will be going into heated storage in the next couple of weeks anyway.

The latest photos....

script>

script>

script>

script>
com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/IMG]

script>

Back