• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

244 GLT Turbo

VolvoMafia

Recently bought this car. New to Kjet and looking to increase horsepower, I've heard ipd cam is a great place to start. Is staying with Kjet going to be a problem when I start playing with the rest of the engine? I've heard slapping on a T4... Any suggestions? Thank you.

K-jet.org is a great resource. These cars are getting tougher financially to support stock or modified. All sorts of help in the search function. Probably best bet is a 90+ manifold and all the jewelry out of a late 740 or 940T. There will be a host of other, more informed, facts and opinions to follow this admittedly weak post.;-):omg::nod:

As you can see in my sig. My 82 kjet turbo has a few of the 'standard' mods including an enem V15 turbo cam which is basically equivalent to the IPD cam. Start with the stage zero as suggested and upgrade afterward.

I must say though. Changing the cam is one of the most enjoyable changes you can make. Really opened up the mid and top end with hardly any loss of low rpm power.

(Also recently purchased) 83 244T non-IC(for now)

Greetings all,

This and many threads here have been invaluable as a reference for starting my new 244 project. I have used the site over the years and now have joined to consult and share on this Volvo experience. now.

83 244T non-I/C. I just had the pleasure of putting the 120,000th mile on her and fully intend to put the 500,000th and beyond. IPD Timing belt kit, Cap-rotor & wires, some vacuum hose and Hella H4 lamp upgrade are all on the way. I have a lead on a Volvo collector in the area here that may or may not have the parts required to install an inter cooler(I'm still thinking stock I/C but I've looked into liquid/air as well....hmmmm).
if the resource out here falls through, the parts are all avail on E-bay as well, I just don't want to pay that price.

Is it necessary to have the block drilled to fit a knock sensor?
Is the gear change to the AW71 a necessary alteration or merely a recommendation?

Thoughts on going with a b23ft style intake, or can I get plenty out out of the (on top) throttle body style?

I have so much more to ask. anyway.

thanks.

VolvoMafia, It's awesome to see that there are even more Volvo fans out there and I look forward to trading notes on your 240. :)

Greetings all,

This and many threads here have been invaluable as a reference for starting my new 244 project. I have used the site over the years and now have joined to consult and share on this Volvo experience. now.

83 244T non-I/C. I just had the pleasure of putting the 120,000th mile on her and fully intend to put the 500,000th and beyond. IPD Timing belt kit, Cap-rotor & wires, some vacuum hose and Hella H4 lamp upgrade are all on the way. I have a lead on a Volvo collector in the area here that may or may not have the parts required to install an inter cooler(I'm still thinking stock I/C but I've looked into liquid/air as well....hmmmm).
if the resource out here falls through, the parts are all avail on E-bay as well, I just don't want to pay that price.

Is it necessary to have the block drilled to fit a knock sensor?
Is the gear change to the AW71 a necessary alteration or merely a recommendation?

Thoughts on going with a b23ft style intake, or can I get plenty out out of the (on top) throttle body style?

I have so much more to ask. anyway.

thanks.

VolvoMafia, It's awesome to see that there are even more Volvo fans out there and I look forward to trading notes on your 240. :)

:uh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Volvo-T...ash=item567ce2c5e2:g:w2EAAOSw9r1V71Ao&vxp=mtr

Connor, You need to read http://www.k-jet.org/ the site I gave you the day you picked the car up. I would learn a lot more about the car before trying to fiddle with changing parts . It's fun to go fast but its more fun to have a running car . K-jet is funny and you need to get a good basic understanding of it . You have a few of us guys fairly local as a resource. Remember to treat the old girl with a lot of class .

Back