• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

We were mid 90's today and didn't even have to put the a/c on 'high'.....

Ive been freezing my ass off on high. Im at 2 and 3, only thing i notice with the stock ac and the 5.3, just a smidge of warmth on the temp control and the ac drastically jumps 20?. You and I michael have two difference ac setups.

Yea I'm going to have to upgrade the AC system to a receiver drier system before I swap it. This wagon is odd it's a 91 but has the older ac system in it, no abs and no egr. I had fun mobbing it around in the dirt this weekend so when I do the swap I may put a little lift on it and a good locker out back and go to town in it.

Sweet score on the 5.3! That 100lb off the nose is gonna be noticable!

Yea it should be nice. I'm not gonna push for a bunch more horsepower I honestly think just swapping the long block and cam will be good enough for now. The plan after I swap in the 5.3 is to get a tune nailed down on it. Then go to a th400 the a trans brake. I'm going to use my 80e in the wagon I think. I may even go with a 60e because it will be n/a. Either way got the car in the shop and started draining the fluids and I'm going to do the longblock swap Saturday

Because I'm going to lift it and shift it. Also in other news.the 6.0 seems to have healed itself by sitting in the street for a month. Very mysterious

I have no idea. It was running so bad and had insane blow by and today I started it and it was fine. Oh well. Aluminum 5.3 is in and almost ready to drive

so far so good with the 5.3 in. after all of the work ive done to it i will say with this true turbo cam in the car it is so much nicer to drive. it is much quieter at idle and feels alot better getting into boost. im going to pull the 6.0 apart tomorrow and see what happened to it. but my guess is that the rings have just lost tension in it. ill hold onto it and see what im going to do with it. at this point i feel like im going to narrow the fleet down and as of now the fairmont and i think my wagon are on the chopping block. i really do want to lift the wagon and throw the 6.0 in it and chances are that may still happen but at this point i have to think about being practical. i could daily the 993 but it would be destroyed within a month as far as the interior goes.

Funny that the 6.0 fixed itself.

The quieter idle on the 5.3 is that with the new Summit Turbo Cam? I'm REALLY curious how those do. Somedays I wish I would have gone with that vs the SS2 but I love the sound of the SS2 and was tired of a boring factory idle lol

Welp swapped engines, car felt great. Then it lost oil pressure. Haha engines coming back out. Bought another car and unloading some of the projects.

Yep after hammering on it for a bit. I'm guessing cam bearing. If I didn't have bad luck with these on initial fire up I would have no luck at all

Back