• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible to block someone, so you can't see their new Threads?

BTW guys, setting up alternate screen names...those will just get banned. I already know who did it, they have posted in this thread, they have been banned before, several times for harassing a member. If the same thing happens from that person again, the alternate name will get a permaban just as this one will, and the current name will also get a longer than usual vacation.

Your frustrations are heard, however we have to act like the parents around here, since you guys are acting like children. Let him play in the sandbox while you use the rest of the playground, or use the ignore function. You have the tools to ignore him and the ability to NOT read his threads by choice, but you'd rather bitch and complain.

I don't post or browse for sale or wanted very much, but I think the mods are handling this very poorly. It doesn't make sense to piss off a bunch of longtime contributing members so some unstable spam bot can peddle his useless crap.

If the guy refuses to follow the for sale rules he should be banned for a period of time and if he doesn't learn, he should be banned again. After that, each violation of the forum rules should result in a longer ban each time. He will continue to break the rules until the mods show that they have some teeth, and the rules aren't just guidelines.

You're not aware of what's being done behind the scenes Lando.

It is easy to backseat moderate, but believe me, this is not falling on deaf ears.

The person you're talking about has been following the same rules as the rest of you in terms of bumping. Yes, he does have several threads, many of us do, many of us need to compile them into a single thread. If every single person that had more than 1 f/s thread was banned, you would see 80% of the members active in f/s banned. Hell, even Ken would be banned.

Aside from that rule, he has been obeying the rest, moreso than many who have posted in here...

Except Ken doesn't bump all of them every day, and Ken is offering items that are useful to the forum and is a longtime important asset to the Volvo community here.

And that isn't me bitching or whining like a child.
I'm participating in an active discussion.

Its kind of an unwritten rule that you be a doner when you sell on here. Why does everyone abide by this except for (this guy)a few?

Except Ken doesn't bump all of them every day, and Ken is offering items that are useful to the forum and is a longtime important asset to the Volvo community here.

And that isn't me bitching or whining like a child.
I'm participating in an active discussion.

Neither is he who we are speaking of. It's usually once every 3 to 5 days or so.

Neither is he who we are speaking of. It's usually once every 3 to 5 days or so.

I think you might be right, but in Market alone he currently has 6 active threads and bumps at least 2 of them every day (plus has several active threads in For Sale), so he is always at the top of the Market and for Sale threads each day. What is stopping him from having 20-30 active threads and he only bumps half of them each day?

I think the bigger point here is that what he is selling are items (cars or wheels mostly) that could easily be combined into one or two threads rather than 6-12 that are bumped on a rotation. And, since that is a forum rule it seems odd that, given the number of active threads that he regularly bumps, and since he won't volunteer to combine his threads, that he isn't being required to.

There might also be another point about someone using forums to run a business that may not be done in a legal manner. I can't speak specifically to what he may, or may not be doing because there isn't much information about him, or his background, or his profession, but I do know that where I live someone needs a dealers license to do what he appears to be doing. And, that there are reasons for that.

Last edited:
Your frustrations are heard, however we have to act like the parents around here, since you guys are acting like children. Let him play in the sandbox while you use the rest of the playground, or use the ignore function. You have the tools to ignore him and the ability to NOT read his threads by choice, but you'd rather bitch and complain.

Wow dude.

d1cb0f8f-2fbe-4088-b1f7-6a7b07c93692.png

Ahh, figured you woulda been there with the masses. A buddy went, said they had it packed clear out to the very last return road this year for the swap meet. He's never seen it that full.

Heh he's pissing people off on swedespeed too. Like how else does a for sale thread for an overpriced base level interior that nobody wants get to two pages?

Maybe he's following the rules but yeah if most of the front page is always one guy's ads it seems like abuse.

Yeah his swedespeed stuff is just the same thing. If I read correctly, 2 people wanted to buy that interior separately front/rear AND pick it up, but he refused to part. THEY WERE BUYING THE ENTIRE FKING INTERIOR. :rofl:

Back