• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 air dam

Super1800GTR

Took this off the front of a 1981 245. I've never seen this style on a 240 before. Almost looks like a rear valance. It's about 2.5" shorter than a regular air dam.

"normal" on bottom for refrence:

That is very interesting. If nothing else it provides a great base to start building your own valence :)

Thats definately a front spoiler/valence.
I've seen a few of them before, though we didnt get them in our market.

Always on lower spec cars, so I guess its the front spoiler you have when you dont really have a front spoiler. :-P

Thats definately a front spoiler/valence.
I've seen a few of them before, though we didnt get them in our market.

Always on lower spec cars, so I guess its the front spoiler you have when you dont really have a front spoiler. :-P

yeah exactly, really barebones dl's got them sometimes. I've seen a few around.

Yeah, here in the states, it's an '83 DL only thing. In Europe and other non-North American areas, it was probably 1981-83. Think the main reason was because 1983 240DL's had non-vented front rotors with their steelies. Volvo doesn't recommend running a front spoiler on cars so equipped. Surprisingly, I've seen a couple '86 245's that came with steelies and had non-vented rotors.

-J

That is very interesting. If nothing else it provides a great base to start building your own valence :)

That's the plan..

Yeah, here in the states, it's an '83 DL only thing. In Europe and other non-North American areas, it was probably 1981-83. Think the main reason was because 1983 240DL's had non-vented front rotors with their steelies. Volvo doesn't recommend running a front spoiler on cars so equipped. Surprisingly, I've seen a couple '86 245's that came with steelies and had non-vented rotors.

-J

Interesting. It may indeed be a '83. Cars are always miss marked at the JY.

Yeah, my '83 DL originally had that air 'skirt', as I called it. I swapped for a proper air dam as soon as one became available and never looked back.

Back