• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

12's

man, nobody seems to care about it, but...

try a B cam. i noticed no loss of anything down low from the T, and the midrange was nearly 50% more, plus a lot more high end pull. after you're satisfied with testing the T, just toss a B cam in there, i'm serious. you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm thinking the B cam will be one to test eventually, along with the turbo cam but untill that time i'd really like to see what the T will do. not to mention it's fun to spin the tires at 20 and scare mustangs

If you were felt like being extra generous to the community, you could try the A cam with the setup you have now and report back. I like your ideas about the T cam and low end torque, though.

I think he is being extra generous to the community for trying for 12's with his tcam. Instead of just swapping it out with a wilder cam he is going with the stocker just to show what can be done. also most of the newbie cars that we see popping up on the board still have the t cam....

ET is all about low end torque and a good usable power band which a T cam gives. no reason he could not do it with the right bolt ons ....

remember frank yee did 12's on a stock car w/ a 125 shot, slicks(and sure the other stuff like hacked off open downpie and c16 in the tank and no boost line on the WG) but the point is add 150+ hp to a stock engine and no reason one of these cars can not do 12's just like he did.

I think he is being extra generous to the community for trying for 12's with his tcam. Instead of just swapping it out with a wilder cam he is going with the stocker just to show what can be done. also most of the newbie cars that we see popping up on the board still have the t cam....

This is certainly true. If he could run a 12 on a T cam, it would be another step in a long line of steps that have been taken in the last 5-6 years to legitamize volvo performance in America. I remember first signing up for this forum when nobody could run a 13, and people were saying it couldn't be done with stock anything...'the only way to run a 13 in a volvo is to swap a V8...'

And now we're talking about sticking it to LS1s with a stock <i>cam</i>. We've come a long way.

i think Tcam in the 12s is TOTALLY doable. but you need a really wide power band. might not be low 12s, but still a 12.999 is a 12 none the less.

you seem to of missing what i was talking about .. T cam and 13c are capible of 12's ..... it has been done before ... sure on the bottle but it has been done so w/ the right amount of supporting mods and enough air flow

though i just though this morning how a late model B230F+T for the higher comp, a 19T, a ported 531 would do..... along with the rest of the supporting mods, and keep the T cam, i think it'd be a very torque car then lol

though i just though this morning how a late model B230F+T for the higher comp, a 19T, a ported 531 would do..... along with the rest of the supporting mods, and keep the T cam, i think it'd be a very torque car then lol

meh, but ultimately, you couldn't run as much boost, so you wouldn't be able to make the same tq/hp. sure, spool and off boost response would be much better, but you have a QUICK spooling turbo, and a cam that emphasizes low end...how much better spool do you need? lol

prolly still get away with running about 20 lbs on that setup which should be more than enough to make it scream. . . maybe use a thicker head gasket to find a happy medium by a bit. shoot for say 9.4 : 1 ?

well, or you could just run a couple more peak pounds of boost, to make up for the headroom afforded by the extra compression reduction of a FT block :badboy:

seriously...7cm housing, 2.3L, and a fat low-end cam running LOTS of cold, efficient boost through a optimized intake/exhaust system (head included). it practically spools just thinking about it

lol ya i do have a tendancy to pick up time in leaps and bounds. about .6 seconds with the 15g, and another half a second with the boost controller. lol heck the 19t and 531 head with the downpipe and all might scare the **** out of me

Back