• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

mopar 440 swap?

if you feel like doing some frame building you can run any engine that your heart desires. but then your weight balance might suck. keep me posted, if this works for you ill start planning an international 7.3 swap into my 940

Wut you talking about cutting and welding ?

Badvlvo says it'll drop right in there...

It's only about an inch wider than the Cad 500 and overall height is about an inch shorter at the top of the intake. Front distributor mount means no firewall issues there. Front, rear, and center sumps are readily available. It's about 95lbs heavier than a 350 Chevy, about 190lbs heavier than a 302 Ford. Overall length is a bit long, but an e-fan and sitting it back far enough should be easy enough.

There IS a replacement for displacement.

Just like when everyone said a 4.6 4-cam wouldn't fit, and then it was shown to fit quite well, this can be done.

The 2 concerns would be weight and the HUGE Mopar bellhousing fitting in the trans tunnel without major work.

But what do I know.

any documentation/pics of this swap goin on?

no documentation or swap thread, i was going to start one but i found out i suck at taking pictures consistently of my progress. i just got day insurance for it and took it for a spin, have a 360 with a 727 on the back, actually fit pretty well, minimal hammering had to be done and the crossmember was chopped up a bit, i got the whole thing running on a shoestring budget though. since these pics were taken the wiring has been cleaned up.

grocerygetter022_zps1baac86c.jpg.html

grocerygetter024_zpsd9b183bb.jpg.html

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/erikfw/library/?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:
Back