• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

nah I just used it to pick up the new 400. I need OD, so if it ever did, it'd get something like a 4L80, but that's not on the horizon. I probably should have shoved that info in the other car's thread eh?

I vote some kind of clutchless manual in the 940. Not that it would be affordable, practical, or needed in anyway. It sure would be neat though.

On my bucket list is torque converterless auto. :nod:
Poor mans sequential!

I don't know why it hasn't been done :e-shrug:

the poor R, so neglected and pollen-y.

may have tweaked something in the rear end a little last week, thought I heard a bit of a whine accelerating onto the interstate this morning. oh well, if it did it did. I'll slide an 8.8 in this thing too (at a later date), and just use stock mounts.

the poor R, so neglected and pollen-y.

may have tweaked something in the rear end a little last week, thought I heard a bit of a whine accelerating onto the interstate this morning. oh well, if it did it did. I'll slide an 8.8 in this thing too (at a later date), and just use stock mounts.

LOL careful bud! :lol:
Snap an axle on an on ramp and your balls will be in your throat!

nah it'll just light up the other tire or stop accelerating all together, depending on how an unmodified g80 handles such things

nah it'll just light up the other tire or stop accelerating all together, depending on how an unmodified g80 handles such things

I had one lock on me in the blue car. Got on it, heard something go...let up and BAM! :omg:
My daughter was like "nice save Pop!" I was shaking! :lol:

dial up another degree of comfort, finally bought a press ($100 at hf on sale with a 20% off on top, bam), pressed the old bearing and support off, pressed the new one on (5 minutes! holy ****! it's amazing what you can do with the right tools!), slapped it in the car (ok, it was a little more involved than that, but not much), test drive, success! woohoo. I've had this issue on the back burner for.. 2+ years now, finally just jumped off and fixed it.

which brings me to my next possible issue.. heh... how much 'slop' is acceptable in the pinion? (rotational slop, not up down in out)

.10-.16mm is the spec for backlash measured at the ring gear. I didn't see a backlash spec for the pinion, although I could've missed it.

hm. I'll cross post in maintenance, but I fear this means an early retirement at 280k for the stock rear end.

I think that was what the sawdust was used to "cure" back in the early part of last century.....

Back