• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017: Sept. 28-Oct. 1

Probably a little too late to try and get one of my volvos running in time for this years meet. Next year though...

Took advantage of the long weekend, and got some stuff done on the 122. DCOEs and M41 are installed. Just need to install the fuel pump, regulator, and run the lines. There are a few other little things I want to do to it before the trip, but so far so good.

You get internet points with no cash value for driving a Volvo, but you'll have just as much fun whatever you drive.

Going up Thursday I think with the Wife in the 2JSwede.. I need to replace some bushings and upgrade the brakes soon. Really looking forward to it..

-Sam

I got to talking to a friend of mine last night, and I had completely forgotten that he runs a local rafting outfitter. He volunteered to do a rafting trip down the Tuskegee if we wanted to on Saturday. The only caveat is that by then, Duke may not be doing releases from Lake Glenville, so the water might be too low.

If the water is high enough and y'all want a cheap/free raft trip, that would be a pretty cool side excursion to burn a couple hours on Saturday.

I gotta get the rob in ATL friday am. what's on the list for food that needs to be covered? I can't quite make sense of the post

I gotta get the rob in ATL friday am. what's on the list for food that needs to be covered? I can't quite make sense of the post

The idea is same as last year...I clarified that post a bit more.

I currently have about 30 lbs of pork butt/shoulder in the freezer. We should get another sale in the next week or two, and I'll pick up another 5-10lb then. That should cover it.

I ASSume you're handling the spice/sauce needs again this year.

Wren is on the sides, and I'll also bring or make some pasta salad for Saturday evening.

Here's my obligatory food post.

As I did last year, I'm bringing about 30 pounds of chili along with chips, sour cream, and cilantro for garnish. This will be ready when road-weary folks arrive as I'm making it beforehand. Let the fart cannons ring out. :oops:

Also, I'm planning on making biscuits either Friday or Saturday morning or both. Kenny had the griddle going last year making pancakes as well that were really tasty too.

We cooked up a bunch of french fries for the Saturday evening feast and I'm interested in getting some feedback if that should continue this year. As an alternate to french fries, we could have tots. Tots have the advantage of a lot less prep work but cost a little more. I'll do whatever the starving masses request.

We also made some apple cobbler that got eaten and can do that again if there's a request for it. It's pretty easy to make just as long as some granny smith apples and brown sugar are available.

Honda Matt and I made some appetizers from jalapenos, cheese, and bacon (armadillo eggs). We can do that again.

Regarding other food items, if you're bringing something that can be transported frozen and thawed in a cooler, that will save some space in the single-family-sized refrigerator that is at the lodge.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is libations, other than that they are technically not allowed that is. I think last year we had a keg of beer. I made a few pitchers of rum punch and we had makings for bloody marys on hand as well, but most folks seem to prefer beer.

I'm sure there will be more things to add, but that's the top of the list right now.

After last year we talked about not getting another keg. Everyone brings way too much of their own local stuff and I think half of that keg got returned.

Probably going to take a hard pass on the keg... It was difficult getting it there, and I wound up filling growlers in the grocery store parking lot before I turned it back in almost half full.

This is coming up, isn't it? Tempted to load the supermoto on the trailer and head up in the turbo wagon Friday PM / Saturday AM. Maybe...

Back