• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early 240 trunk popper option install questions

Any thoughts on replacing or adding later style struts to make the lid rise all the way up?

Not sure you would ever get the trunk lid to go up very high. Has to do with counter balance. You may be able to get a little more lift with something like this.
s-l225.jpg

Looks like a good option for those who want it to actually open up. I don't really want the trunk flying open, if it releases that's good for me.

Well if you are small enough. You could always access the trunk through the ski hole in the rear seat. lol

My 82 turbo didn't have a trunk popper. But my 84 did. Someone had to check the box on the options list.

It was an option on all of the DL cars through 1985, then became standard on the GL, Canadian GLE, and the Turbo in 1984. All four of my 242s didn't come with it. Had to add it to each car. Think the most I paid for one was $40. Least, was free, which was the last one I bought. Manager at the Tacoma, WA PnP rang me up for a couple seats, then looked at it and the passenger side fresh air vent, and said "you can have those items".

Apparently, some 1979-80 cars don't have the rectangular hole for the plastic plate that covers the motor, which I thought was odd.

It seem like I always have my hands full when I want to put somethings in the boot. Being the car already has keyless it can also pop the boot. Looks like a winter project.

Back