• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Removing the turbo charger from a turbocharged 740

b16 -> b18 -> b20 -> b21 -> b23 -> b230

All of these are related. Volvo used all of them as industrial power as well. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until the b21 that the engine primarily became an automotive application.

That statement would surprise an awful lot of the workers and owners of Volvo..
Would you care to show us where this idea bubbled forth?

The company was started as a CAR manufacturing company, and intended from the beginning to also make trucks>>
"AB Volvo bildades 1926 som ett dotterbolag inom SKF med Assar Gabrielsson som verkst?llande direkt?r (1 januari) och Gustaf Larson som vice vd och teknisk chef. De hade sedan 1924 tillsammans arbetat med planeringen och konstruktionen av den f?rsta Volvobilen Volvo ?V 4, och lyckades i augusti 1926 ?vertyga ledningen inom SKF ? d?r Assar Gabrielsson var f?rs?ljningschef ? att tillverkning av bilar skulle kunna bli en l?nsam verksamhet och gynna den egna utvecklingen och f?rs?ljningen av kullager. AB Volvo var d? ett vilande bolag som inregistrerats av SKF redan den 5 maj 1915[4] med d?varande reklamchefen Bj?rn Prytz som id?givare. De ursprungliga planerna f?r bolaget Volvo hade varit att anv?nda det som ett bolag och varum?rke f?r i f?rsta hand en speciell serie av kullager, avsedd f?r den amerikanska fordonsmarknaden, men detta skrinlades tidigt.

Den f?rsta bilen rullade ut ur fabriken 14 april 1927, strax efter klockan 10.00."

"Den f?rsta serietillverkade bilen, med modellbeteckningen Volvo ?V4 rullade ut ur fabriken den 14 april 1927, detta blev det officiella datumet f?r Volvos grundande. Redan innan biltillverkningen startade hade Gabrielsson och Larsson planerat f?r en lastbilstillverkning. Den f?rsta ritningen med beteckningen "lastvagn" ?r daterad 4 december 1926 och ritades av Volvos f?rsta tj?nsteman Henry Westerberg.[12]

Volvos aff?rsid?, som den formulerades redan fr?n starten:

>>Att tillverka och s?lja automobiler i Sverige och p? export
>>Att huvudparten av alla v?sentliga komponenter i Volvos bilar skulle vara konstruerade och ritade av egna tekniker
Att f?rs?ljningen av bolagets produkter skulle ske genom frist?ende ?terf?rs?ljare"

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo

Odd... nothing at all about all the motors being primarily industrial motors...

So, source?

No source John. I won't do your homework for you.

You know very well that Volvo Penta basically designed the little red block and used it for every sort of marine application.

Along with the traktors. And the c303, c202 and numerous others.

C'mon man. You ref the Svenska Wikipedia article but didn't follow the links?

No source John. I won't do your homework for you.

You know very well that Volvo Penta basically designed the little red block and used it for every sort of marine application.

Along with the traktors. And the c303, c202 and numerous others.

C'mon man. You ref the Svenska Wikipedia article but didn't follow the links?

No source.. so Fake News. :oops:

" Volvo k?pte 1935 Pentaverken i Sk?vde som d? blev Volvo Pentaverken."

Penta is just a trade name inside "
Volvo Personvagnar Aktiebolag

Volvo Personvagnar Aktiebolag, get it?

What you're saying would be equivalent to saying that Ford is primarily a producer of industrial motors..

I don't get it--unless you're trolling hard.

Last edited:
No John. You have fun. I'm done talking about the old tractor motor. I had fun with mine. Let these boys have fun with theirs.

No John. You have fun. I'm done talking about the old tractor motor. I had fun with mine. Let these boys have fun with theirs.

Also from your link:

n 1925, Penta was approached by Assar Gabrielsson, the founder of Volvo, who needed an engine for the first Volvo automobile. Penta then designed the four cylinder 28 hp side valve Typ DA engine for the Volvo ?V 4. In 1935, Penta became a subsidiary of Volvo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9yHl24QynOM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have to ask, why is this in Performance & Mod forum?

I wanted to experiment with it. See what I could change and make something different. For science. :-D

What happened? This sentence translates for me as, "I'm only a teenager, have no clue how to fix my broken turbo"

There was a member on one of the FWD forums who started like you, and proceeded to strip every usable system from the car, to 'make it better', "For science". Ruined a perfectly good car in short order. Don't be that guy.

Leave the turbo installed but disconnect the intercooler, add the MAF directly on the inlet so it runs N/A, remove the heater blower motor from under the dashboard and then connect the turbo's compressor output to where the blower motor used to be. It'll be just as slow as running without a turbo, but at least you'll have a pressurized cabin for when you want to drive high up a mountain.

Thats not bad ^^ I was driving to the mountains last night and was wondering how I can pressurize the cabin so my ears don't pop...excellent solution :-P

That's how jets do it....compressor bleed air...although there's just a few more compression stages in a pratt&whitney or a Rolls Royce...I wonder how much air it could supply

Leave the turbo installed but disconnect the intercooler, add the MAF directly on the inlet so it runs N/A, remove the heater blower motor from under the dashboard and then connect the turbo's compressor output to where the blower motor used to be. It'll be just as slow as running without a turbo, but at least you'll have a pressurized cabin for when you want to drive high up a mountain.

There is still hope that OP could salvage this thread by actually trying this and reporting back

Hard to type when you're dealing with embolisms and posting from a decompression chamber.
/shuolda put a boost controller on it

Back