• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need radio code for Volvo 240

Can anyone get a code today for a 94 940
VIN: YV1 JW8 708 R31 230 56

I?d call the dealer but it?s Sunday. Presumably none of you have access to the database right now because it?s Sunday, but worth a shot. Thanks

Thank you for contacting Volvo Car USA's Customer Care Center.

Radio Code: 654136

You will receive an email with the code and instructions on entering the code.

Sincerely,

Volvo Car USA LLC

Posted via Mobile Device

Help...

This radio was pulled from a donor car at my local pick and pull. According to the sticker on the back it is supposedly a factory recondition unit. The issue I am having is the supplier's code (63502) appears to be incorrect? I see no way to enter a zero when resetting the code on the radio? I am now at the dreaded EEE and need to reset that first, but can anyone tell me, based on the radio information/serial number in the picture as I do not know the VIN of the car it came out of, the radio code?

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 27
Volvo's site worked for me. Punched in a VIN and the code they sent me matched the code written in the owner's manual.

I am still looking for the code for the radio pictured above. I don't have the VIN.

Hello, i need help getting the security code for my volvo cr-606 radio
Serial number: v08590 d8168245H

Serial number: v08590 d8168245H
According to my local Volvo dealer Volvo Corporation no longer provides the radio codes. I was informed of this change in policy this month. My local dealer has been providing me with the codes since 2004 on a regular basis. It was a quick process. While waiting on the phone the person helping me would type in the serial number of the car or stereo and have the code for me in less than a minute.

Unless the Internet is lying, your radio code is still set by soldering a bunch of diodes to the circuit board inside. If you pop it open, hopefully you see something like the picture below.

If so, you're in luck. You can either make notes of where a diode is or isn't (to get the original code), or take them all out and use 6666 as your new code.

diodes.jpg

^^^ out of curiosity, do you know the code for the radio pictured? Or how the diodes map to the code?

^^^ out of curiosity, do you know the code for the radio pictured? Or how the diodes map to the code?
Google image search finds a Russian website as the source of the code:

Translating to English with Google Translate:

"The photo shows an example of coding radio CR-603, PIN KOD 2214."

Apparently it's not a straight binary number - each digit is coded individually and the locations of each binary digit are somewhat scambled. There's a table on the website which shows the arrangement. The table is kind of awful and so is the translated Russian, but I've managed to decipher it I think.

In this particular case:

Digit 1: Diodes 10, 11, 12: 010
Digit 2: Diodes 6, 7, 8: 010
Digit 3: Diodes 2, 3, 4: 111
Digit 4: Diodes 1, 5, 9: 100

So decoding the binary:

2 2 7 4

But also according to this Russian, "111" in the matrix is actually "1", not "7" ("000" is 6 and "001" is also 1, FYI) so the final code is:

2 2 1 4

There is a RAR file also available on that site which supposedly calculates the PIN codes for CR905 and CR705. It's probably safe but I shan't download it on my work PC. Plus I'm sure it's in Russian as well. ;)

There is a RAR file also available on that site which supposedly calculates the PIN codes for CR905 and CR705. It's probably safe but I shan't download it on my work PC. Plus I'm sure it's in Russian as well. ;)

Probably contains the same DOS programs I've had here since late 2001.
The upper "CalcGen" version lets you switch the diodes around, in case you started counting from the wrong end, while the 905 version gives a different code for that sequence. Maybe it uses the "other" version of the matrix?

Volvo-Calcs.png

diode-chart-combined.png

I moved across states and my car finally got shipped but my Volvo book is missing with my radio code and the battery died! I’ve left multiple messages at Volvo and still no reply. Can anyone help me? 1993 240 VIN# YV1AS8808P1484094

Back