• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 brake light out dash light/ no brake lights

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
90 240. With my lights on I get a bulb out warning dash light. Turn lights off and the dash light goes away. In both cases my brake lights don't come on. I replaced the bulb out relay, the big red one, but that has not fixed the problem. Is there a brake light switch that the pedal makes contact with?

I mean I have no brake lights right now. Between the relay and the switch that should complete the circuit right?

Yep. Grab a test light, cram your head under the dash and make sure the switch has power to one pole. Press the pedal and both poles should have power.

Replaced the relay but still nothing. I circled back to the fuse panel and noticed that the fuse was blown again. Looks like one of the tail light boards is a little funky and was blowing the fuse on contact. Stupid ass 240 sedan tail lights...

Anyways, the old relay was kind of crusty so I'm sure it was headed out sooner rather than later.

Back