• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BonJovi Resurrection

Awaffa2003

Hey all,
So I posted up a few months ago about my beloved BonJovi and possibly finding a solution to the issue that o bought it with. The PO had ripped out all of the fuel injection components and slapped a Carter YF single barrel carb on the manifold that I can't seem to jet properly for the life of me. He also put a Penta distributor on it with no advance mechanism...that was fun to find points for.

In any case, you guys had strongly discouraged me from creating a brand new FI system including Megasquirt 2 and Jenvey DCOE style throttle bodies which was fine, I've found a lot of 3 245 wagons in pretty close proximity to me and the seller is letting them go for next to nothing.

One has a B21 with a 4 speed and the other two have B230 autos. I plan on grabbing them, taking what I need and scrapping the shells. The only hitch here being that one is missing a rear axle. No idea why, but I don't believe I can tow it home reasonably without one so if everything isn't rusted to hell, I think I'll just swap the one out of BonJovi into that one just to get it home....or so I think. Then there's the matter of parking 3 wagons in my driveway. Someone talk some sense into me...

Last edited:
The port on the intake manifold is vertical and it bolts right up, I don't think the orientation is the issue. The plugs come out black no matter how I jet it though. I am sitting on a 45DCOE Weber which would I think would flow plenty, but there are no manufactured manifolds for a single one, just dual DCOEs which is why I want to go the FI route.

https://store.jenvey.co.uk/throttle...118mm-long/tbody-pair-dcoe-40-50mm-std-tbpxxi

Last edited:
www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

Here's a decent page for fuel injector sizing. I vote also for a stock style plenum for your EFI setup. Tuning ITBs on a first go of Megasquirt is not something I would personally recommend, I mean you can do anything with enough time and resources, but your odds for success and enjoyment go down, individual throttle bodyscan be quite frustrating!

I believe this was the general consensus. In any case, right now, the parts cars will be considerably cheaper than going the MS route. Not to say that with one of these motors I couldn't build the system out of the car on the stand in the future.

freevolvos, you recommend this using a car dolly? At most, I've got U-Haul equipment at my disposal here for the towing at least. Got a jack, compressor, tools... I've been shopping for a cherry picker as well, but that's for when they get home. Any suggestions?

7 posts in and I still don't know what a bonjovi is. This could be a 7/9 and I might need eye bleach.

I just want to be prepared.

Back