• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel rail connection for new 12mm pipe from tank

Jaypee_6680

Hi all,

I?m in the process of fitting LH2.4 to my 1975 245, and still have the fuel pipe to sort out.

I have some 12mm hose for the tank end, but I?m unsure how to join this to:

A) The fuel rail, as the fuel rail has a screwed connection and I can?t seem to find any adapters
B) The fuel filter - as the ones I?ve found are for 12mm banjo fittings, which I can?t find in anything above a 10mm hose inlet.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

John

I am going through this with an in-tank pump upgrade from the low pressure to high pressure and eliminated the external high pressure pump. I am using the same model as this thread:

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=324841

12mm high pressure line from tank to stock fuel filter under car ~ 6 feet.
14mm to 1/2 barb to connect to the filter, then stock line from filter to fuel rail.

I don't know the size of the line from filter to fuel rail, but it is smaller than 12mm and hard plastic. The 14 x 1.5 connection is hard to find, I have an extra off a fuel rail I got at the junk yard. This line will also need to be high pressure capable. I have heard Earl's 9894dbh would fit the rail, but the connection is -6AN.

I am going through this with an in-tank pump upgrade from the low pressure to high pressure and eliminated the external high pressure pump. I am using the same model as this thread:

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=324841

12mm high pressure line from tank to stock fuel filter under car ~ 6 feet.
14mm to 1/2 barb to connect to the filter, then stock line from filter to fuel rail.

I don't know the size of the line from filter to fuel rail, but it is smaller than 12mm and hard plastic. The 14 x 1.5 connection is hard to find, I have an extra off a fuel rail I got at the junk yard. This line will also need to be high pressure capable. I have heard Earl's 9894dbh would fit the rail, but the connection is -6AN.

The nylon tube inside the rubber hose from filter to fuel rail is about 3/16 inch ID. Make sure the intank pump has a check-valve at the outlet.

Back