• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The "Whip Dallas Back Into Shape 2014" Meet Thread!!

Rectilinear

Longitudinally Mounted
Don't let the thread title fool you, this is not about losing weight or getting in shape, this is about rekindling the comeradarie that we once had in the Dallas area.

In February of this coming year, I will have owned my 242 for 6 years. It is hard to believe at first glance that it has been that long since I bought it. The first week that I had it, I drove it to a meet in Dallas and met several local Volvo enthusiasts there who all shared the same passion in common. During that year, there were several meets at various locations around the metroplex starting off at someone's house, going on a cruise, grabbing some lunch and then maybe another cruise before heading back for some wrenching and hanging out. After that first year, the meets started tapering off and interest was dwindling.
These were times that I remember making friends, learning about my car, swapping parts and making memories together.

Then if you take a broader look at the last 6 years, you realize the challenges and changes that everyone has endured. Between the economy tanking, families growing, gas prices rising and wallets thinning, Volvo's have changed hands or just been put on bedrest. I am no stranger to these conditions myself. I find myself having moved twice, had my family grow by 2 with another on the way and had my car money been cut out of the budget altogether. But somehow I have been lucky enough to continue to fuel my Volvo passion, complete a V8 swap in my 242 and convert a $400 745 daily driver into a fun-to-drive, lifted wagon.

I would very much like to start the Volvo meets in this area again and I know I am not alone. I rarely ever make any kind of New Year's Resolution but this year I am:

I resolve to bring the Volvo community back together in North Texas.

To start this year off, I propose a kick-off meet. And I mean anything but football when I say that.

Saturday - January 4th - Early am

Meet at Cars and Coffee
Classic BMW
6800 Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
img_1146.jpg

Go to lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube
5584 SH 121
Plano, TX
Quaker_Steak__Lube.222191930_large.jpg

Cruise to my house
Also in Plano, TX
picture.php

Where we can wrench on our cars, talk about wrenching on our cars, drink adult beverages, heckle the neighbors, buy a 242, tell bs stories about past meets or whatever.

Contact me at bullitt210atgmaildotcom if you have questions.

Lets kick off the New Year with a meet!!

If my wife would let me...

I could jump off the train in Dallas if anyone wanted to pick me up and drag my ass back to Austin same-day?!?!

You don't understand...

I will be on a train from Chi to Aus that morning. No way that it's going to happen. Unless Hell freezes over...

Dave Barton lives in Dallas? I thought you lived in California.

I'm totally down for a road trip in spring. I'm building my 745 again so funds are tight until then.

I am now successfully a refugee from Cali. I figured Texas would be the last place they'd look for me.

I will be there. I'm going to have to play passenger and observe on the wrenching. I'll try to convince someone to drive my wagon over to Chris' place so I can at least show it off.

This damn shattered tibia makes it hard to drive a standard:oops:

I will be there. I'm going to have to play passenger and observe on the wrenching. I'll try to convince someone to drive my wagon over to Chris' place so I can at least show it off.

This damn shattered tibia makes it hard to drive a standard:oops:

Im sure my car wont be ready, I can drive you in one of your cars or whatever.

Back