• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Death Wagon 3 "Now with more 2JZ"

hKRny.png

MOAR Progress
It runs and drives. Still lots of loose ends to tidy up but I drove it to work today.. Gotta figure out some CAN bus communication issues and some more wiring stuff.. Lots and lots of cleaning up.. Here it is..

164139037.jpg

164139044.jpg

You can try moving the sensor further away from the trigger wheel. You might be saturating the input stage of the speedometer circuit. Did it behave this way before you did the engine swap?

You can try moving the sensor further away from the trigger wheel. You might be saturating the input stage of the speedometer circuit. Did it behave this way before you did the engine swap?

Yes it did.. I cut and welded the tone ring from another diff onto this one and I have a feeling it does not like my welding

-Sam

More improvements have been made on the car so far.. I have tuned it up to 24psi on e85 but the walbro 255 is totally out of breath past 21-22psi so I have turned it down. The car just murders the tires so I got the boost by gear hooked up with some help from Mr.Howard and now the car is a bit more manageable. Here are a few vids to show that off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HMby-ogMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usHVULSsFKk

Yes the speedo still drops out around 90mph. I have moved the sensor further away and tried to add resistors to it but it won't get much better than this for some reason. I think my tone ring is just buggered up some and it does not like that.

The converter is too tight for this large of a turbo so launching it will require some assistance from the bottle but that's ok because I am prepared. I hope to install a new Walbro 450 pump in the tank this weekend and finish wiring up the N02 correctly. I also have some slicks donated to me by a friend that I will try and fit on the car.. I am almost certain there will be some inner fender cutting but hopefully not too much.

I also got the rolling anti-lag hooked up to the brake light switch and this just makes you smile. It will build all the boost in the world even down low in the rpm by retarding the timing to -20 degrees.. That that low timing setting the car is making zero power so holding the car still is a breeze but once you take your foot off the brake light switch it hits you like a sack of potatoes. Here is a little video showing that.. Notice the boost gauge rolling over to 20psi then dropping down to 15 when I take the brakes off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaVm8uC0tZE

I am gonna try to get the car to the track before the end of the year and hopefully keep the ole dana30 in it for just a bit longer. I know the ford 8.8 upgrade is right around the corner

-Sam

My speedo cuts out right at 90mph too. Trutrac with a sheet metal "wheel" welded on, later aluminum diff cover and sensor, and an '88 speedo.

Run-out and clearance were checked when it was installed, but I haven't done anything to try and fix it yet. Thought the later sensor feeding the earlier cluster might be an issue.

Back