• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Brake junction block **** the bed and the driver's side front caliper was frozen, so I got a new distribution block and installed some RX-7 brakes I had sitting around.

Couple things to keep in mind to anyone interested in this swap:

-have a high quality flaring tool (you will need to either get new hard lines, or modify your existing ones to work with inverted fittings--Volvo and Mazda use the same tubing diameter and fitting thread size, the difference is that Volvo uses bubble compression fittings and Mazda uses reverse flares)
-use a good tube bender
-depending on which brake 11.25" disc you use, you may need to use 5mm worth of washers to move the calipers inwards to center them with the rotors
-drilling the lug holes to 5/8" is good enough for a press fit against the hub. Myself, I'd find a 16mm drill bit

Low light pics are tough with potato

Never mind the surface rust. Rotors have zero miles on them.

Tempted to paint the front calipers gold...

Is there a vast difference in pedal feel with the larger rotor used in the swap? I have a set sitting around too but am undecided about them

So John V's comments about locking up on gravel are unfounded?

Looks like I need to finally install the set I've had sitting around for a while.

Last edited:
I'm using HPS 5.0 pads. They seem to work much better overall, especially when cold. Highly recommend you get a set if you haven't already!

PR_TF.jpg

Back