• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Clutch

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
So I think I've hit the limits of my clutch. Started slipping in 4th. What do I need to blow up my M47?

I held 275ft lbs of rear wheel torque with stock turbo pressure plate and 6 puck ceramic disc. Flywheel exploded eventually. I ended up getting billet steel flywheels...

Dunno what clutch, looked to be in decent shape when I did my RMS. Still grips enough to spin the wheels in first and second, but in higher gears it just slips.

rockauto @ 1987 740 turbo

Nice, the one I linked above is $80 cheaper on Rockauto. I'm pretty sure it already has a turbo clutch, so could I get away with cheaping out and only replacing the friction disk?

For the time being, I turned the boost down to ~12psi and I only noticed minor slippage.

Nice, the one I linked above is $80 cheaper on Rockauto. I'm pretty sure it already has a turbo clutch, so could I get away with cheaping out and only replacing the friction disk?

For the time being, I turned the boost down to ~12psi and I only noticed minor slippage.

Or soak it overnight in isopropyl alcohol when you first oiled it.

Back