• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 oil cooler

CAPT_BLOTTO

#Crush It
I'm tying to run an oil cooler on my 244. I have the oil filter adapter thing, a pair of lines and the cooler. I don't remember what I pulled the lines and adapter off of but do the 2 and 7 have different lines? It looks like its going to run into the motor mount and cause an issue. Plus the non factory oil drain.

Here's what I'm looking at just mocked up hand tight.
35370822056_afa6854b81_c.jpg

Lol ya that's H8ey junk so it's a no go on a 240 unless you 'massage' them within a millimeter of being bent shut.

Bin it and run your own lines with some banjos imo.

Buying new stuff? That's not really my style. I'll just find some used junkyard heater hoses.

IDK about heater, but maybe a looooong power steering high pressure hose that's the right ID or similar.?

You can definitely do it reliably all junkyard if you have any brains, right down say some used P-clamps that are just the right size and shape to comb it neatly and stainless hose clamps. BTDT.

Try finding BSPP fittings from say 3 O'clock on a friday to midnight on Sundy in Aberdeen WA, or Shelton or Houghton MI or Bemidji MN or Rumford Maine, or Merritt BC...

Say you damage your oil cooler out in the woods having fun in any of those places..I got a stick thru one of mine once... All your fittings are BSPP cause you guys are all so smart...
Being in a panic, say you stumble across the right parts counter guy who knows a guy doing local circle track racing...who just happens to have a nice used but OK oil cooler.. with normal old -10 fittings...

The guys who planned ahead can just bang that cooler in..
The smart guys who have no problem with BSPP in their garage at home have a problem...

But, why the fawk bother to learn from the other guys stupid mistakes? What fun is that?

Id go with a coolant oil cooler from a 940. Cleaner install, more stable oil temps.
The Fords in the junk yards have nice air to oil coolers on them and its pipe thread so you can just get a pipe to AN fitting and not worry about bspp. Pegasus does have them but I think they are like 30-35 each.

Back