home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 10-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #26
DarkKratoz
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by doucheNozzle View Post
Or for an extra $200 I can support the community instead of some random company looking to make a $ or $$

Edit://Ben's stuff is $740 for front and rear, $1200 for super bitchin' front coilovers.
But are they PURPLE?!?
I rest my case.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #27
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

Hey,

Im still waiting for pics
MadDog_945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #28
Stiggy Pop
Board Member

Why is everyone so opposed to options? I'm all about the KaplanSwag™ but nothing wrong with choices.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #29
Canadan
Board Member

Naturally everyone is against a worse option that costs more. Also many warmblooded americans prefer to support other warmblooded americans with the same intrests rather than support an asian company who is just in the money making business that happens to be making car parts.
Canadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #30
DarkKratoz
???

Also, not that I'm an economics expert, but I'd imagine that the more money we give to Ben for his well researched and developed products, the more money Ben will have to reinvest into researching and developing new products! So, the larger his market share, the more he can put out there!
DarkKratoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #31
lee4391
Board Member

Bens kit is gunna be a minimum of $1140 to match the hardware you get with the bcs. As they have camber plates too.

Also bens kits don't come with shocks either do they? So in the grand scheme of things these are a great deal cheaper than bens if you were to buy coilover kit, shocks and camber plates.

Or am I missing something?
lee4391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
baggins798
Board Member

Drift Brick, but Taiwanese people kinda look like Chinese people, and Chinese people are the enemy (and bad).
Old 10-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #33
TIPSP
Got Boost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee4391 View Post
Bens kit is gunna be a minimum of $1140 to match the hardware you get with the bcs. As they have camber plates too.

Also bens kits don't come with shocks either do they? So in the grand scheme of things these are a great deal cheaper than bens if you were to buy coilover kit, shocks and camber plates.

You are missing the modification process to get the BCs to work.
NOT a bolt in solution. Ben's is a bolt in solution.

Plus. I have no Idea where BC is getting their shocks and springs from.
Who knows what kind of quality is put into the shocks/struts.

OP, Does BC give you a copy of the Dyno from what your order? Would be nice to see it.

TIPSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #34
badvlvo
Bad for Babies

I don't give a **** if they are Taiwanese, Chinese, or otherwise, I'll stick with a builder who is reputable and i know I can contact if there is an issue.

93 245 m47 300k miles, one owner, zero compression
badvlvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #35
mopar318
Board Member

BC QUALITY

1989 244 b230ft with pLAID recaros
1980 242 16 valve turbo
2007 V70R
mopar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #36
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Quote:

You're seriously comparing the strut mounts that ship with the BC set to mine?

They aren't even the right shape let alone the difference in bearing & material quality.

I'll give you a hint into the quality of those parts... I have sold a number of camber plates to FWD owners who have bought BC / D sport coilovers because the ones that come with them aren't so great.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #37
lee4391
Board Member

I never mentioned quality just like for like price, quality being incomparable or otherwise.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #38
mopar318
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaplan View Post
You're seriously comparing the strut mounts that ship with the BC set to mine?

They aren't even the right shape let alone the difference in bearing & material quality.

I'll give you a hint into the quality of those parts... I have sold a number of camber plates to FWD owners who have bought BC / D sport coilovers because the ones that come with them aren't so great.
Plus their adjusting collars sieze within 6 months, the sway bar brackets break off, and everything oxidizes because their anodizing blows.

I suppose if you lived in a nice warm climate and never raced they would make out OK.
mopar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #39
lee4391
Board Member

I had a set of D2s on my other car that were 7 years old and the collars were free.

We don't really have to worry about the ARB brackets breaking as they're on the lower arm.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #40
Stiggy Pop
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar318 View Post
BC QUALITY

Finally at a fair price!

Stiggy Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #41
baggins798
Board Member

Bilstein quality.

Tein quality.

Koni quality.

Damn, what can this possibly mean.
baggins798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #42
DarkKratoz
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggins798 View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
DarkKratoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #43
grnmachine02
Indicating?

Quote:
That users of tein suspension beat the ever loving **** out of a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep View Post

Rage boner achieved.
grnmachine02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #44
Drift Brick
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog_945 View Post
Hey,

Im still waiting for pics
once i upload more pics ill do it to the original post.

3031 axle where do i buy a locker or posi? part # anyone?

www.ipdusa.com

http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections...00-volvo-parts
Drift Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #45
Drift Brick
Board Member

Quote:
Also, not that I'm an economics expert, but I'd imagine that the more money we give to Ben for his well researched and developed products, the more money Ben will have to reinvest into researching and developing new products! So, the larger his market share, the more he can put out there!
Im all for supporting the volvo community. however ive not known "ben's coilovers" untill now, he doesnt come up in any of the searching for 7 and 9 series suspension upgrades ive researched in the past.

Quote:

It seams most ppls complaints is the lack of support to the home brew community by buying from a growing company who's product is made outside the USA. Ben's kit is slightly more expensive cuz ben himself has put alot of man hours into it im sure. The BC kit can be cheaper cuz they custom machine each kit out of stock tube they have lieing around once the order is placed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPSP View Post
You are missing the modification process to get the BCs to work.
NOT a bolt in solution. Ben's is a bolt in solution.

Plus. I have no Idea where BC is getting their shocks and springs from.
Who knows what kind of quality is put into the shocks/struts.

OP, Does BC give you a copy of the Dyno from what your order? Would be nice to see it.
Modification process is to weld the front coilover in replacement of the stock strut tube, welding can be a PIA or expensive if you yourself cant do it.

By dyno sheet do you mean spec of springs KG's and the valveing of the dampers? or what do you mean?

Last edited by Drift Brick; 10-29-2014 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: *Derp
Old 10-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #46
Drift Brick
Board Member

Quote:
But are they PURPLE?!?
I rest my case.
The BC kit for the 7 and 9 series comes in a nice black powdercoat finish. It was my decision to paint my finished spindle/ BC coilover tube's weld with paint, of which i chose Purple
Old 10-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #47
Drift Brick
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Brick View Post
Im all for supporting the volvo community. however ive not known "ben's coilovers" untill now, he doesnt come up in any of the searching for 7 and 9 series suspension upgrades ive researched in the past.

It seams most ppls complaints is the lack of support to the home brew community by buying from a growing company who's product is made outside the USA. Ben's kit is slightly more expensive cuz ben himself has put alot of man hours into it im sure. The BC kit can be cheaper cuz they custom machine each kit out of stock tube they have lieing around once the order is placed.

Modification process is to weld the front coilover in replacement of the stock strut tube, welding can be a PIA or expensive if you yourself cant do it.

By dyno sheet do you mean spec of springs KG's and the valveing of the dampers? or what do you mean?
I just realized that the "Ben" everyone keeps referancing is http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections...00-volvo-parts

Am i right?

I already support ben, i have, and will continue to purchase more parts from ben. But im all about getting the most bang for my buck.

When i think "Coilover" I dont think *Bilstein's inside. They make a nice looking product, but when i seen the front kit i wanted at 1,700 bucks to get the front as adjustable as i had hoped, i started digging deeper for a cheaper solution.

My solution, was to be possibly the first TurboBricks user to try the 7 and 9 series coilover kit by BC, Now that ive got them on the car, and ive got it close to adjusted as i like it, ill take more pics, and post the good, and the bad feedback i have about it.

I am not biased, there are some things about this kit i dont like.

I hope to see less crap talk of unknown company's, untill this BC kit blows a seal or breaks in half, i will continue to believe that this has been good money spent for what i intend to do with it, which is build a Drift car to one day compete in Formula D Pro M.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #48
tryingbe
Boosting along.

Quote:
Pics of broken parts.

Where is the +1 for this.

Stuff beaks.

I'm happy with the Ksports I have on my 850.
tryingbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #49
TIPSP
Got Boost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Brick View Post
I am all for bang for our buck also, but I was commenting on bolt in solutions. BCs are not.

I set my car up so it was perfect the first time. The preload on the spring is what I wanted, the ride height is what I wanted, and the shocks are in the middle of the range. There should be no reason to adjust anything after that.

The dyno for the custom struts/shocks valving... unless you didn't specify any custom numbers when ordered. If you did and they did send a copy of dyno plots, that would be nice to see what the valving is doing. Or if you know who supplies them with shocks/struts. They could probably have them made by someone else. That is my biggest problem with aftermarket stuff. I know that if I go bilsteins, or konis, I get atleast 100,00miles on them.

I usually follow this: http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets18.html

I have some teins on my evo 9 and really do not like them. Already feel like they are wearing out and they have like 30,000miles on them.
TIPSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:57 AM   #50
chopperead
Board Member

Message to OP on his current progress with these now he has had them on for a while ???