• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Catless mid pipe for 240?

S4gasm2.7T

Hey guys, ive been searching my a** off trying to find a catless midpipe for a volvo 240. Any idea if anyone makes ready to buy? Or do i have to buy a cat pipe and cut the cat put and weld in a pipe? I would just rather not pay for a cat if i dont have to.

Give a little more info.

Looking for performance or replacement of a stock part but trying to save money?

Although you may not have to have emission testing I think it's illegal to not have a cat. So I doubt you would ever find a cat eliminator pipe. As far as aftermarket performance exhaust, the diameter will be bigger than factory piping so it wouldn't match up anyway.

If your existing exhaust is in ok shape, you can gut the cat you have. If you need a new one I believe magnaflow has a fairly priced cat that fits. I wouldn't recommend gutting it. I did and now wish I wouldn't have. Minimal performance gains and now I know the fumes I smell are toxic.

Take yours off, stand it up with one end inside a bag or a box or something, then start beating out the material with a pipe or something. Or cut it out and weld in a pipe. Or just leave it as is, because a cat won't noticeably affect your performance.

Give a little more info.

Looking for performance or replacement of a stock part but trying to save money?.

Kind of both. The exhaust piping on my car is pretty much toast. I need a catback and figured i'd prety much replace everything after the mani. I know going catless isnt gonna give me oodles of power. But im trying to free up any and all potential hp the car has to offer. Just figured it'd be nice to get a pipe without cat but if i have to get one then cut it out ill do that. I will eventually be going turbo but i need to get the car to stage 0 before i start trying to add hp like that.

If keeping it NA, there's not really a lot of power to be made without a lot of work. If staying na, I'd get the magnaflow cat and the ipd sport exhaust is hard to beat. If you can weld there's a lot of options, if not, the ipd is a easy bolt on that I believe sounds nice. After that, swap cams.

I have a B cam, 2.25 exhaust, K&N filter and it's better but not in any way fast. For power adding a turbo is probably the best option. Sometimes trying to squeeze every bit of power you can is not worth the trouble when the end result is not going to be that impressive.

I

Or just leave it as is, because a cat won't noticeably affect your performance.

Unless it clogs up, and then it very noticeably affects your performance. Never seen it on a NA car but clogged cats are somewhat common with turbos, often the turbo fails or oil separator clogs and blows oil into the exhaust clogging the cat.

Back